Thursday, April 22, 2010

To Be Inside the Head of this Kid

I think that if I could get inside the head of my little Kate, I would be entertained for hours on end.

What in her head makes her think I would appreciate her tracing her hand with marker on the kitchen floor? I could see how she could think that would be fun, and it is pretty cute.

And what do you see here? This is just my run-of-the mill elbow, right? (Pardon the picture. Have you ever tried to take a picture of your own elbow?)
That was what I thought until the other night. I was putting Kate in the bath, and had my ugly-ole arm hanging down in front of her. She pointed to my elbow and said, "There's a meanie guy." What?! Apparently my ugly-ole elbow looks like a meanie guy. Then the other day she came to me, pointing to her elbow saying, "Look Mom, I have a meanie guy too!"
Whatever. She knows it's an elbow, but "Meanie Guy" is so much more fun.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh Hil she is so old now. Such a pretty girl like her Mama and sisters! Love ya! Love that you can appreciate things like this!!

Nicole said...

It would be fun to know what the two year olds are thinking! She is too cute.

Company EIGHT said...

lol. She is darling. Maybe it's the name??? :) My Kate is quite the character too.