Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back To School Pantsing, er, Shopping!

Last night I headed out with Rylee and Lana for some back to school shopping at Old Navy.

I have to tell you before I go any further that Lana has a thing for the mannequins at Old Navy. She is such a goofball. You know those mannequins that are just a half-person, like just a person from the waist up? Well, they have those sitting on the tables with shirts all over the store. So as soon as we get there, Lana is always lifting up the shirts on those mannequins to see if they have a bum. LOL! So last night was no different. And of course she did it on a mannequin where an employee was fixing shirts on THAT table. Oh sheesh.

That was all it took to get my girls giggling. THEN, they come across a woman mannequin. Lana makes a comment about her "big boobs" and they are even more hysterical. (Apparently my children think big boobs are funny since they don't see any of those at home.)

I was getting comments from other customers about how giggly my girls were. They were entertaining everyone within ear shot. So, they really didn't need anything else to make them more silly. But, oh no, we had to come upon this on our way to the dressing rooms:

Lana was seriously beside herself. She could not stop laughing at the mannequin who had either been "pantsed" or who was suffering from the "little butt syndrome" like she does. Either way, it was hilarious. Of course, these are the mannequins right in the front of the store, so there are customers everywhere looking at my girls laughing their heads off. And what do I do? Well, like a good mom, I whip out my cell phone and take a camera! We laugh about this for a minute and head off to the dressing rooms where the girls laugh some more. They laughed for an hour and a half straight.

So I was in bed last night thinking about how funny our shopping trip was and how I really should have maybe been embarrassed about the spectacle we were making when I realized that I probably made the biggest mistake of the whole night. I never did pull up those pants like a good mommy should. We left it for others to enjoy. Hope they appreciated my lapse in judgement.

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh I can't stop laughing Hil. Ryan is like "What are you laughing about." You kill me. I would have done the same thing. You ROCK. They will remember fun things like this.

Candace said...

Love it!

Angie said...

I love little giggly sisters. How fun!!!

Claudia said...

Taking that picture was a great idea!")
at least you aren't a grumpy shopper! :) You and your girls are so cute!

Katherine said...

Ha ha ha ha I love it. I wish I was at old Navy then too. I don't think my kids would have noticed though. I've taught them only to look at the clearance racks when they go shopping.
I love how much fun you have with your kids!!

Picture Perfect said...

It's sooo funny when you get beyond the giggly point! I can just picture the whole thing! LOL!

Company EIGHT said...

That totally makes me laugh!! Your girls must love you as a mom!!

Andy and Brooke said...

Oh how funny!!! I love that. Your girls and boy are so fun!!! What a great sense of humor.

Nicole said...

I was seriously laughing out loud imagining this scene in my head and realizing that when we were your girls age, it could have been you and I laughing that hard! Too funny.

Sara Jennings said...

That's prett awesome, Hil! Way to leave the mannequin with no pants on! hahaha! Ps... I have pictures from my trip up on my blog now! I know, amazing! You should check it out... my blog is kinda lonely! haha!

Ashley said...

That is just so funny!!! Your girls are so funny! I love the mannequin commercials. They are pretty funny... Aww Hil...
I love that you don't get bent out of shape about your girls talking about big boobs like some other people would. They are a funny subject when just the girls get together and joke around!

Your such a cool MOM!!!!

Dawn Rae said...

LOL so funny! I love the big boob comment...I can relate! I hope you at least got some shopping done.

Andrea said...

Giggly girls are great when you are shopping-they could have been running around being crazy like some boys that I know.....

You have such fun-love it!