Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Busy Weekend!

Our weekend began with a fun BBQ to get together with Jordan and Nikole (who had been gone for two weeks to New York and D.C. - Luckeees!) and Sara (who had been in Europe for almost three months - Luckeeeee!) We had yummy food, played fun games, looked at awesome pictures of Jordan and Nikole's trip, and laughed at the silliest jokes ever.


The group playing a rip-roaring game of 5 Crowns. Kate wanted in on the action - but mostly for the bowl of candy that was being passed around. She got right in the middle of the action.:)


Aha! The secret to getting Kate off of the table is to have Uncle Jordan hold her. She adores him and always wants him to hold her. Thanks for sharing Jordan, Nikole.;)


Rylee thinking she is quite the card shark.


My dad and Bill entertained Hayden with Mario Cart. I didn't hear any complaints. :)




We had lots of fun and stayed up late and laughed until our cheeks hurt. What a great way to start a weekend!

Moving on to Sunday:

Brooke and Andy blessed their sweet daughter, Danika. She was so adorable and it was so fun to be there (even if it is weird to see my sister with a baby of her own! Time flies!)

They had a little luncheon before the blessing at a nearby park, so I snagged some pictures.

Brooke with her sweet baby before she ticked her off and made her get into her gorgeous blessing gown.


Kate doing what she loves most - again! She can't get enough of Jordan. She seriously stayed like that on him the whole time we were at the park and then again at the blessing. She was seriously offended when I took her from Jordan so he could participate in the blessing. Nikole looked dang cute too. She even had green toenails to match her dress. How would it be to be that cute?



Hayden and Brielle, sharing a can of soda. They passed it back and forth across the table for probably a good ten minutes.



Brooke, Andy, and sweet baby Danika. What a darling family! Danika looked beautiful in her little dress.


Brooke, Andy, Danika and my parents. What a good looking group!


Bill, Rylee, and Kate just as we were leaving the park. He was trying to herd us all to the car, but I was too busy taking pictures.


Another random group shot. Sorry your head is being blocked by my stinking mug, Jordan!


It was such a nice day and Andy did such a great job with the blessing. Thank you for letting us participate in her big day!



8 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Sounds wonderful! I love weekends like that. What a great family you have!

Dianne said...

I can't believe someone beat me to making a comment about your blog. It is only 1 hour old! Great weekend and fab pictures.

Candace said...

What a busy, but fun weekend! I love the last picture, you look so pretty! And look at cute little Lana looking up at you! So cute!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

i love that face lana is pulling in the family picture

Andy and Brooke said...

Thanks for coming and supporting us!!! I need a copy of some of those pictures too. I guess we'll just have to get together again! ;-)

Tai said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!! I agree with the comment that you look beautiful... but what's new???

Picture Perfect said...

I love Lana's expression! She cracks me up! You always have all the fun!

Dawn Rae said...

Love your hair. Fun to see your whole family.