Thursday, September 10, 2009

Busy With Nothing Really...

Okay, that was a lie. We have been busy with four really important SOMETHINGS! They always keep us running.

We got to watch Brooke and Andy's baby a couple of weekends ago for a few hours and loved every minute of it.


Do you think the whole family loves babies?


Um, yes, we do...Just in case you were wondering. Ask any of my friends with babies (Alesha and Deb!) They will tell you I have to snag their babies any chance I get so I can get my baby fix.:)


Bill loves babies too. Seriously, honey, are you sure you don't want any more? ;)


Baby Danika sticking her tongue out at Uncle Bill while he took a picture. Watch out for this one. She has spunk already!;)


Last Monday was also Lana's first official day of school. The week before was kind of a "fake" first day of school. It was just orientation and then an extra week of summer before the "real' first day.


She was so excited and LOVES it there! Her teacher is fantastic and her class is darling. This will be a great year!


The first day she sat by two girls in our ward and felt so comfortable. And by the end of the week, she had made a new friend and begged me all weekend to let her come play. Unfortunately, I didn't have her number. Tuesday, when I took Lana to school, her new little friend's mom asked for our phone number because her daughter had also begged her all weekend to play with Lana. They are adorable together. We can't wait for a play date!


Saturday, Kate was anxiously awaiting the start of the BYU/Oklahoma football game. She was going so crazy waiting for the game (or just the treats we bought for the game) that she decided to entertain herself with her modeling skills. She seriously climbed on the counter and posed just like this. We are in serious trouble.



Gotta love the chocolate on the face. Just proves that THIS model eats! :)


And just after this picture, she kissed my cheek and got chocolate all over my face. So cute!


My favorite thing lately has been Hayden's love of one-on-one time with Bill and I after we put the kids in bed. He sneaks out of his room almost every night to come out and play and giggle with Bill and I. And we let him. It is so fun to be just with him for a while. Sometimes he wants a snack, sometimes he wants to play MarioKart with us, sometimes he just wants to wrestle and laugh.



How can you resist making this little guy smile?



Really...look at his face and tell me you wouldn't let him stay up for a while just to see that! I love my little Hayden Buddy.




Another big HIGHLIGHT of my week was when Kate went to Rylee and said, "I pooped. Change my bum." Oh yeah! And I was even more thrilled when Rylee said, "Okay," and said it with an excited smile. I thought she would change her mind, but no-siree.


See, she is even smiling (even if it is an unsure smile) as she begins the lovely task at hand.


Ah, poop wiped off and ready for a clean diaper. See...still smiling.

And she is almost finished. What a big helper!!! She even liked it so much that she followed Kate around the rest of the evening saying, "Kate, did you poop yet?" Dang, I should have started doing this one a long time ago. Now we are getting ready for potty training. Hey...Maybe I should let Rylee potty train her.;)

See, we have been busy with a whole bunch of fun little things. Hopefully I can get back onto a schedule now that school is back in session and become a regular blogger again. :)


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! That's the good kind of busy memories right? And are you sure you're not going to have another??? I want to hold a new little one again!

Picture Perfect said...

That was my comment before, oops! I think that's Jared's login or something.

Candace said...

Such a cute little family! And look at what a big helper Rylee is....maybe she can come and change Kade next!?

Katherine said...

What a fun post. it's fun to hear a little something about each of your cute kids. We need to have a play date soon. Madison misses her friends. So far this has not been a good year. hopefully things will pick up soon for her.

Claudia said...

I love the picture of you looking with such love your little Hayden!
He is adorable!
Are you done with babies really?
we want another one, I hope soon! :)

Dawn Rae said...

Now that you have a diaper changer, it's time for a baby :) That was my job with Devri!

Tarrah M. said...

What a good big sister...it's hard to think of Hannah that age but know they grow up so fast.

Nicole said...

What a cute post! I would love for you to teach me how to do cute girly hair and make bows! Lets just set up a time and get together!

Dianne said...

Rylee will remind you years from now how she changed Kate's diaper. And you can nod your head and say how wonderful she is. You have such a cute family. Love seeing all of you.

Blackeyedsue said...

I love that little recap! Kate is so funny! I am glad Lana loves Kindergarten and is making good friends. YAY Rylee! She is such a good girl!

Miss you tons! Call me when you aren't busy. I am dying to chat with you!