Sunday, September 27, 2009

You know Fall is in the air when...

I use the fact that it is "Orange Day" in kindergarten to make Lana an orange skirt and make it a whole fall ensemble (complete with orange nails if you could see them!)...




The Fall decorations have reappeared in the house...



And there were signs of Halloween everywhere at Lagoon this weekend...


Yep, Fall is in the air all right...Well, somewhere it is. Obviously it doesn't feel much like Fall yet. The kids were in shorts and wanted to get soaked on the water rides yesterday. It can't be too cool if that is the case.





Although I can't wait for the cool, crisp air to come our way, it was sure nice to enjoy the weekend outside. We will enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Those weather guys say that a major cool-down is headed our way this week. So we have enjoyed the last blast of summer and are now ready to jump in to fall. I can't wait to be able to start baking again without wanting to die because it heats up the house so much. I can't wait for the pumpkin cookie smell again, for the pumpkin carving, for the trick-or-treaters, and for the snuggling under a blanket during college football games. Bring on the cooler weather. We are ready.:)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! :) I am so ready for fall and all the fun things that come along with it too... cooler weather, baking, etc! Can't wait! Hope that blast of coll air that you will be getting this week makes it's way to Houston asap!! :)

Claudia said...

I can't wait to move in my new house, so I can start with the fall decorations and the baking! (only 2 more weeks!)
I love snuggling on the couch with a blanket watching a movie! and don't forget the hot chocolate! Yummy!

Nicole said...

That skirt is so cute!! I wish I had some sort of creative ability and could make things like that! You make fall sound so nice. I too love this time of year.

Katherine said...

her skirt turned out so cute! I love the addition of the flower. We really need to get together and make some of the new ones I've been trying. Soo cute!

Candace said...

I'm with you! Bring it on! I love fall, one of my favorite times of the year. Cute decor and cute skirt, you crafty girl!

Ashley said...

I have to agree with you!! Fall is my favorite time of year!!! I know, I am from California and that might seem weird to other people that a beach girl likes the fall and the cold, but I DO!! I love the pumpkin smell to. I am so excited that I can put it in my sentsey again! YAY for fall!!!!!

Picture Perfect said...

Ooooo you make me want to get my fall stuff out now....I think that's what we'll do tonight for FHE. That will be fun for the kids! I love Lana's skirt. You'll have to tell me again how you attached the flower.

Company EIGHT said...

love, love, LOVE fall! Wintertime isn't always very fun where I live, but autumn is the best.

I love the adorable skirt you made--I wonder if I could do it? I'm not a seamstress, but I can sew a straight line, lol. Is there a tutorial you use?

Very fun decorations in your house...

Jenn said...

I want that skirt-you are sooooo talented Hil. Ps-there are two houses for sale on my street...hint hint.

Blackeyedsue said...

That skirt turned out darling Hil! Lagoon looked like it was a blast. Love you!

Tai said...

I think everyone told you how cute the skirt is but it seriously is! So fun. Your house looks very festive and very cute!

Dawn Rae said...

So creative and crafty! I am not good at any of that stuff, but I am ready for fall.

Andrea said...

Love, love , LOVE fall! I am sad when it is December and I need to take down my decorations and I have to deal with the icy roads. For now I will enjoy the crisp weather and gorgeous scenery!

I like your fall decor, btw.

I am jealous of the sewing ability. I have never, ever been a seamstress. My Mema would be sad :(.