Monday, December 28, 2009

Now that I have caught my breath...

...I can update my blog! Beware...Tons of pictures!!!

The two weeks before Christmas were spent going to ward parties, family parties, and running all over doing the same sorts of projects that I'm sure everyone was doing.


We made a gingerbread house and gingerbread train. Can I just say that I LOVE the kits! It makes such a messy project so much easier.



We had so much fun one night because I was making a gazillion rice bags to give out as gifts, and the kids were getting bored. So I told them to grab a sleeping bag. They were so curious why I needed a sleeping bag, but brought one up anyway.


I told them to get in and slide down the stairs. They loved it! At first they were going down on their bums. Oh no, no, no. That is NOT the way to slide down the stairs. I told them to go on their tummies, feet first. They were scared and asked if they would get hurt. I couldn't convince them to try it until I showed them first. It was so much fun! After they watched me do it and saw that I didn't die, they were willing to give it a try.





Little Lana put together a family home evening lesson for us the week before my little brother came home from his mission. It was all about why we love Andrew (with some shape and color review as well.) It was like church and school all combined into one. It was adorable, and she was so proud of herself.





Two Sundays before Christmas was the dreaded pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits. Why is it such a nightmare every year?!?!?! Getting the kids to cooperate is not much fun.


Kate in her outfit:


She started out cute, and was thinking it was fun to have her picture taken.



She even thought it was funny to really cheese it for me...


The fun lasted about two minutes and she was pouting.

FAKER!!!! She is such a stinker pants.

Then comes Hayden's turn:


What a handsome little dude! He cooperated with me so well...until it was time to take a group shot. I'll take what I can get.





Lana loved posing:





Rylee cooperates too, thank heavens:





But, oh boy, next came the pictures of all of the kids together. They pretty much hated me by the time we were done. Hayden and Kate did not want any more pictures taken. So this was the best we got:




After these, we were just about ready for Christmas and for Uncle Andrew to come home!!! And thank goodness the yearly Christmas pictures are over with for another year. Whew. I'm tired.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

What a good and long post. Last Tuesday was a wonderful day. Christmas was that day in so many ways. Could a mother ask for anything more than to have all of her family together again. It was so worth it to have the men go on missions, but, oh, so wonderful to have them home.

TM said...

What beautiful new clothes and you got them to look at the camera, even more impressive!

Tarrah

Katherine said...

your kids are so cute!