Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hayden Buddy's First Day of Preschool

I just have to say I love this kid. He is so stinking fun. I love all of my kids, but it is so much fun to have a silly little tease of a boy in the house.

Today was his first day of preschool, and he couldn't wait! On Tuesday, I told him he would get to go to school in a couple of days. He said, "Oh, I go to school in seven weeks?" I love their perception of time. It may as well have been seven weeks to him. He was SO excited.

This morning finally came and he couldn't wait to leave. I tried to get him to slow down long enough to get pictures, but he had his own agenda. The first picture had to be of the all-important backpack. He loves his backpack and just HAD to have it when we went school shopping.


I asked him to turn around so I could get a picture of his face, and he kept pulling faces. That's my boy!

Boys are so different than girls. When I used to take my girls to school, I had to hold their hand into the classroom, sit them down, kiss them good-bye when they were settled and comfortable. Not Hayden. As soon as we reached the preschool door, he said, "Bye Mom!" What the?????

I told him he had to wait and let me walk in with him to help him hang up his backpack and get him situated. So while we were waiting to go into the classroom, he hugged Kate good-bye.

He was all smiles in the classroom. His dream of going to preschool had finally come true!

He showed everyone the colors he was using and was so excited to find a paper that had his name on it. I realized he couldn't care less if I'm there or not, so I embarrassed him and gave him a kiss good-bye.

My mom came to see Hayden off for his first day of preschool as well. Then she took Kate to her house to make cookies so that she didn't feel left out being the only one not in school. What a fun grandma!


When it was time to go pick Hayden up, he really didn't want to leave. He climbed up on a rock to try to get away from me.

He's obviously pretty proud of himself! When we got home, he was talking about climbing on the rock and said, "I was on top of the world!"

As soon as we walked in the door, he asked me for some chocolate milk. He waited patiently on the couch for it, and when I went to hand it to him he was grinning from ear to ear. It was like he was replaying his fantastic day in his head and he was so happy.

I sat down and talked to Hayden some more about his day at preschool, and he said, "Mom, you're my best friend." Aw, how cute! I'm his hero because I took him to Miss Eve's preschool and that made his day.


3 comments:

Candace said...

Can't believe he is in preschool! What a little cutie, so grown up! I love the picture of Kate with her Grandma and her double binkies, just like her brother used to. So cute!

Jenn said...

He suddenly looks so much older! Preschool has aged the boy:) So handsome.

I was thinking Poor Kate and then saw that your Mom took her-that was a great idea.

Sooooo...how was it being KIDLESS for a few hours?? WHAT DID YOU DO???:)

Picture Perfect said...

You weren't kidding when you said he was all smiles! So cute, he's going to have a blast!