Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Quirks Tag

I was tagged to do a list of six of my "quirks." Are you serious? Do I really have to tell you what makes me weird? Thank goodness it's only limited to six. I'm as weird as they come. So here it goes (to my own embarrassment):

~ I eat toast and chocolate milk ALL.THE.TIME. I love the stuff. And my kids are inheriting my oh-so-healthy habit.

~ I leave the TV on all night just to have the noise. It started when Bill used to work all night and I was alone. I needed the noise to keep me company (and to keep the Boogey man away) but the habit has carried over. I have a hard time sleeping if there isn't a little noise. I'm a freak.

~ I pick the dead skin off of my feet all the time. I can't help it. Bill is always trying to get me to just put lotion on my feet, but that rough skin makes me crazy. When I went to get a pedicure for my b-day, the girl doing it said that my feet were so smooth and that there wasn't much to "buff" off of my heels. Yeah, 'cuz I already took care of peeling it and cutting it all off!:) Gross, I know. I never said this list was going to be fun.

~ I always wind my kids up right before bed. It makes no sense, but I do it almost every night. I think it makes Bill nuts. But I can't resist those last few giggles at the end of the day.

~ I can't handle it when I am in a store and someone is gabbing on their cell phone and doesn't acknowledge the checker (or when the checker won't acknowledge the customer.) Ticks me off! What ever happened to, "Thank you. Have a nice day?" My kids even say that when we go to the store. So do me a favor, will you, and smile and try to talk to the checker the next time you go to the store. And if the checker is onry, offer to buy them a bottle of water or their favorite candy bar. They love that! And it makes everyone that much happier.

~ And the last one: When I am nervous or stressed out, I totally claw the heck out of my hands. I guess inflicting pain on myself takes my mind off whatever is stressing me out? After I had Lana, the nurse looked at my hands and said, "Did you do that?" My hands were bleeding and I didn't even realize how much I had dug at them. I can't believe I don't have scars all over my hands from digging them. I need a new nervous habit.

So there you have it. Six of the things that make me weird. (Yep, they are kinda boring, but I wasn't going to tell you the REALLY embarrassing ones!) Now, if you feel like playing along, I would love to hear some of your quirks!:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

toast and chocolate milk-I'll have to try that one.
and I grind my teeth. Drives Tim crazy

Jenn said...

Ditto on the Toast and Chocolate milk except I used to always do cocoa. Toast and "Cocoa,"-when I was little and up until I was a teenager my cousin and I always wanted Toast and "Cocoa," at my Meemas house. It's a great comfort food!

LOVE YA AND I am half way through the last Vampire book and RAGING!! It had better turn around really fast because it is VERY QUIRKY! I didn't expect all this crazy stuff to happen. I was happy in the 3rd book when he said, "That should have been our first kiss." I would have been happy if the series had ended there.....anyways my friend has assured me I should be happy by the end....

Company EIGHT said...

I love your list! I'm with you on the tv thing--too much peace and quiet in the middle of the night isn't for me either!
You are too cute--you always make me smile!

Shannon said...

As you can see by my blog roll I am not a stranger to blog stalking. I love your Quirks tag. You crack me up.

Laurie said...

These things are what makes you unique.

Before bed, try rubbing stridex pads on your feet. Then apply a good amount of Eucerin cream or vaseline, cover with socks. Do this for about a week and they should be soft again.

The TV on all night would drive me batty. I have to have no noise, that means husbands too. And the room must be dark, no lights at all.

Dianne said...

Everyone has funny quirks. Some of us don't like to admit it to anyone else. If you don't tell, no one will notice?! I always just tell people I am wierd so when they figure it out they don't have to tell me because I already told them.

Larsens said...

I don't have any. I'm perfect.

Condies said...

i dont mind that i am on your blog roll, you are on mine too i am a blog stalker so ill be shecking you out frequeNtly. i cant believe how fast all these kids grow, its crazy!

Tai said...

I love that you wind your kids up before bed!! They will remember that for the rest of their lives.

Andrea said...

Oh! I read and didn't comment-short attention me.

I don't those are too, too quirky.
I think the t.v on would be hard to sleep? Our house is all tile-and has lots of echos. I am not used to that. I like total darkness and no snoring. Still working on that.

And you have mentioned that you make the kids laugh before bed. I think that is nice to go to bed happy, but I think I would be like your husband. At least there is a balance, right?