Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday To Our Sweet Girl

I cannot believe that Rylee has turned eight. She is thinking that she is so big now. She HAD to have this dress for her birthday. She wanted it for Christmas, but I already had her Christmas dress picked out, so we got it for her birthday. She LOVES it. As soon as she put it on, the twirling started. You know that your little girl is still somewhat little when she still likes to twirl.


She was so excited for her birthday today and just had to get dressed up in her fancy new dress that she got. She decided how she wanted her hair and woke up in plenty of time to get all pretty and open her presents before school. We put her hair in curlers, painted her nails, got her dressed in her pretty new dress, and she was all primped and pretty for school.

And, she had plenty of time for pictures, of course. Here are a few of the favorites.


She is so proud of her "dangly" earrings. That's why we took this picture:



She was all smiles before school (well as much as she dared smile with that adorable toothy grin!) I can't believe that I have an eight year old. I couldn't be more proud of her. She is such a good kid and she is so excited to be baptized in a couple of weeks.

We love you, Rylee! Have a happy birthday, sweetie!



12 comments:

Jenn said...

She looks GORGEOUS. Good taste Rylee on hair and clothes! I can't believe she is so old now...once she gets baptized she needs to slow down a little.

That girl will always hold a special place in my heart...I'll always remember the first time I came to Utah and she made that sweet comment about me. She is so sweet just like her mommy!

Company EIGHT said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! 8 is a very special year!!

Beth said...

SHe looks so grown up. I can't believe that she's 8!

Tai said...

Happy Birthday Rylee!! You looked beautiful yesterday, as you always do. I am so excited for you to get baptized!! I just can't believe that you are so grown up!!

Katherine said...

They start to look so grown up when they turn 8. She is so beautiful. and I love the new dress.

Blackeyedsue said...

Awwww. I can't believe she has doubled her age since I first met her. Happy Birthday big girl! I just love you!

Amy said...

She is so cute!! Happy Birthday!

Larsens said...

What a beautiful girl she is. Happy Birthday, Rylee. Hope to see you in a couple of weeks at the Super Bowl party. You are coming, right?

Candace said...

She is so beautiful! I love her new dress. Happy Be-lated birthday Rylee!!!!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the whole look! You are definitely going to have problems in 8 years.

I hope her birthday was fun! Can't wait to see the doughnut cake. We had one for Ashlyn's 11th birthday, but, ehm...I still need to post them. I am so behind, and getting anxious about the whole "blog block". *sigh* ...and yes, we have had 6/7 birthdays in the last six months. Ahhhh!

Picture Perfect said...

She is so cute all dolled up! It's so fun to be a girl and just have fun with it!

Angie said...

I remember visiting you in an apartment in Logan maybe when Rylee was just a little baby. She has always been adorable! Hope she had a great day!