Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Her Creative Juices Are Flowing!!!

Lately, Rylee has been on a major creative kick! She will color and draw, play play doh, make posters, write in her journal, sing songs, write stories...anything creative lately.

Here are a couple of the recent creations:


She made a boy and a girl out of play doh that she got for Christmas. I was amazed at the detail that she thought to put on her creations.




And it has rubbed off onto her sister too. Lana now likes to create play doh people.




Another thing that Rylee has created is a song. She LOVES the guitar that she got for Christmas and she has been singing away with that thing. On Sunday night, she put on a little show for our family and my sister's family. If I would have known how stinking cute it was going to be I would have recorded it. I need to have her sing her song again so I can record it.



Anyway, she wrote this little song and these are the lyrics, written exactly as she wrote them (because I think the punctuation and spelling are so endearing!)


Mabie I'm too yung. Mabie I don't fit the job well. But I can still be...a little rock star. Case theres no rule theres no law. I can do what I think is cool. So I can still be a little rock star. It doesn't matter if I don't sing in shows. I can at least sing for one person. Or even my hole family. Case there is no rule there is no law. I can do what I think is cool. So I can still be...a little rock star. I could show evry one what it's all about. Of being a rock star. Just think about it having your own band. It would be as good as it can be. I would love to be...A little rock star case there is no rule there is no law. I can do what I think is cool. Mabie I'm too yung. Mabie I don't fit the job well. But I can still be...a little rock star.


Now tell me that is not too dang cute! I love that girl and her little creative personality. I'm glad she inherited that gene. I have no idea where she got it, but I hope it grows and flourishes as she grows up. I wish I could do what she does. She amazes me all the time. Her current goal is to write a book and illustrate it and find a publisher. Maybe instead of being a "little rock star" she could be a famous children's author! ;) Stay tuned...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great song. And those are such cute playdoh people.

Jenn said...

She is sooooooooo cute and I love her amazing song and super cute playdough people. She is supertalented and creative just like her MAMA! She is turning into quite a young lady. I remember I used to think she was the perfect little girl back when she was in Nursery with those darling headband/scarf things she would wear. I loved talking with you today. You are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

She has some serious talent! Not only is she BEAUTIFUL, but she can write songs, sing, play the guitar and she is artistic?! You better lock her up when she gets a little older & tell your hubby to be ready to fight the boys off! :)

Company EIGHT said...

Wow! Those lyrics are impressive! Love those playdough people too--I can guarantee they are MUCH bettter than anything I could ever do! What a beautiful, talented, girl you've got!

Katherine said...

She is amazing! you have to record that song. You should have her enter it into next years reflections contest. She would win for sure! I would love to hear her play it sometime.

Candace said...

What talent! She really needs to keep it up! I really am amazed at those lyrics, I can't believe she is not even quite eight yet and came up with them.

Tai said...

I seriously wish we would have had a recorder going. I couldn't believe that she wrote it like a real song with a chorus and everything. Mike and I love that there is no rule there is no law!! She is seriously talented though. What a sweet girl!! Thanks again for your help last night!! You da best!!!

Larsens said...

She is on her way. Totally. She is very talented. Keep it up Rylee! You are the next Hannah Montana.

Dianne said...

Prideful grandma here...She is a beautiful, cute, sensitive, wonderful girl. Lana is on her way to show incredible artistic talent, also. These kids are not only artistic but smart to boot.

Blackeyedsue said...

Oh Hil! You do such a good job with those girls, nurturing their love of all things beautiful. They are both SO talented! You have a hand in that. YOU are just as talented!