Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome Back, Dear Friend

A couple of weeks ago, our computer decided to die on us. I was freaking out, hoping that we wouldn't lose all of our pictures because I am a lazy sucker and haven't backed anything up yet. (Yes, I have learned my lesson and I will be backing everything up now!)

To make a long story short, we called a few different people and didn't know what to do about the dumb thing. I knew I wanted to try to get it fixed to save pictures and my iTunes stuff. My sanity would be shot without my dear iPod. :) Our good friend let us use his laptop in the meantime so that I wasn't completely shut off from the rest of the world (thank you SOOOO much, Jeremy) and it was Jeremy who talked to a guy at Staples about our computer. He said he happened to work on our specific computer a lot and that he would look at it. So we took it in to take a stab at it.

Okay, our original plan was to buy a laptop (approx. $550) and send the tower away to be fixed at HP ($200.) We had our computer at Staples for two days, and the guy gave it a tune up and said he couldn't find anything wrong with it and charged us $14.99. He seriously spent some time on the darn thing and said that if it acts up again, we can bring it back in and he will look at it again, but it should be fine. So far, so good. It is running like new. We were ready to spend about $800 on computer crap, but we got away with $14.99! What a deal! And we didn't' lose anything on this computer! I am so excited! Now I know why they say, "Staples, that was easy."

Now, I can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to my normal life. I can blog again! (Okay, I could have with Jeremy's computer too, but I was so afraid to screw up his computer!)

My life can get back to normal again....Well, after tomorrow it can. We have Rylee's baptism tomorrow, and she can't wait! So stay tuned for pictures!!!

9 comments:

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

HILARY! MY HUSBAND IS AN I.T. GUY!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT CALL ME AND CHRIS? HE BUILDS AND FIXES COMPUTERS ALL DAY EVERY DAY. IT'S HIS HOBBY AND LIFE!!! DON'T PAY SOME SCHMUCK EVEN 99 CENTS! CALL US! ok...wet noodle is back in the holster. I miss you! Let's play soon!

Larsens said...

Did you get one of those EASY buttons as well while you were at it?

Company EIGHT said...

Wahoo! I'm glad it's fixed, and that you're back!

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

It sounds like you have had as much computer trouble as we have. I wish we could get ours fixed for that much. (We need parts that cost more than that.) Wahoo for you!;)

BTW Sorry I made a few typos on the last comment. These nails type things I don't want.

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tai said...

Glad you are up and kickin again for a much cheaper price!! Computers suck!!

Picture Perfect said...

Yay for you! I'm glad you got a deal on the whole issue. That at least makes it better in itself.

Monica said...

Hilary,
Hey your blog is darling. I love seeing your darling family. I have never met Kate....she is beautiful! Time sure flies. It has been so long since we have seen each other. Now we can stay in touch better.
love ya,
Monica