Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wow, What A Couple Of Weeks This Has Been...

We have been so busy, as I am sure everyone has been. We have been doing very important things.

Things like licking the Cool Whip container when we were finished making oh-so-yummy chocolate pies!

And making sure some got in his hair.


And things like going to Rylee's Christmas program at school. Grandma came with us, and it was such a good thing because Hayden took his ever important nap in her arms after running around like a stinker.

And then there is another very important job of licking the pan after I make fudge. I gave Rylee and Amelia spoons and let them go to town. How cute are they!



And then there is the important job of trying to figure out why Lana broke out in a crazy looking rash the Sunday before Christmas. I thought she may have had an allergic reaction of some sort. But two doses of Benadryl did nothing. This led me to the internet. And I was almost sure she has Fifth Disease. Then, lo and behold, I talk to Stephanie and I am describing Lana's symptoms and wouldn't you know that Tess has the same thing. WHEW! They both had Fifth Disease. They probably picked it up from church the week before or from preschool. I was relieved it was just that. That little bug is not a bad one to have. So here are the two sweet little "slapped cheek" girls.

And then Hayden and Kate had to jump in the picture too and give me a "Cheese!"


Another "important" item of business: Holiday Baking!!! I spent about seven hours the Sunday before Christmas making goodies to send with Bill to work. I love holiday baking. I sent three trays of stuff with him and had a blast making it all. (Thank you Alesha for the new Almond Roca recipe and the Mint Chocolate Cookie recipe - they will be a tradition every year now!)


There were about a million other things we had to do that were equally important, but because my brain has left me this holiday season, I didn't take my camera everywhere. My sister, Brooke, graduated from hair school. YAY Brooke!!! So we had a get-together for her the Saturday before Christmas.

My other sister, Tai, and I did a Christmas Eve party for all the kids and our families. It was lots of fun! The kids had a blast and since we have done this for the past few years, I think it qualifies as a tradition - right? That takes it to a whole new level of "important."

And then, of course, there was Christmas Day and the important duty of opening presents. The kids loved what they got and it was a fun morning with them.

Kate loved her new little baby buggy. Santa must have known that she loves playing with her babies!

Santa brought Rylee a guitar, and she could not stop playing it all day. She could have stopped opening presents after that one and she would have been happy. What a good day for her!

Lana loved getting this doll from Santa, but her favorite gifts were "The Wizard of Oz" DVD and the set of McDonalds Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls. She loves them! She is really into that movie for some reason, and when I saw the set of dolls online while I was looking for the DVD, I couldn't resist. She always says she wants to get all of them, but we just don't go to McDonalds enough to get them.

Hayden got a lot of "Cars" things and loved them all. My parents gave him some "Cars" swim shorts, and he had to put them on right away. At least they coordinate with his "Cars" pajama top, right?

Bill even got a fun surprise from Santa. He got a remote-control helicopter. I guess that Santa knows you are never too old to get a toy for Christmas.


Then we were able to go over to my parents' house and talk to my little brother on the phone. Even though he is a missionary, he still has his sense of humor and his spunk. I love that kid and miss him tons. Those people in Tennessee are lucky to have him there.


We had a fantastic couple of weeks filled with family, friends and good memories. We hope you all did as well.


11 comments:

Jenn said...

They all look so cute!! I didn't take one picture-I'll have to make up for it next year. Your kids are just so cute!! I'm so glad ya'll had a wonderful Christmas!

So the big question-what about a puppy? Did you end up getting a puppy??

Sara Jennings said...

Your kids are so cute! I really need to come visit you guys! What are you doing the rest of this week?? And, by the way, I have been looking forward to 2009 for a long time just so I could say that someone would be home "this year"! YAY!

Company EIGHT said...

What a wonderfully busy holiday you had! All of your kids are so darling, and that Miss Lana looked especially cute with her pink cheeks! I'm so glad you had such a nice Christmas!

Andrea said...

Love, love the beautiful pictures!

I totally agree-the past weeks have flown! So many pictures to upload, memories to jot down, Christmas decorations to put away, mini-trips here/there, thank-you to write. Okay-exhausted just thinking about it! I'm going to bed and will get more done tomorrow! I'm glad that you had a wonderful Christmas :)

Candace said...

What a fun/busy week you all had! I'm glad you had a good Christmas and that santa found your house! The kids look so cute. (Also thanks for the little present, your so sweet!)

April said...

How fun! I love all the picts.

And LOL! My dad also got a remote control helicopter for Christmas.

Katherine said...

Looks like you all had a fun Christmas. The kids look like they had a great time.
Oh and Uh I know where the slap cheek thing came from. the thing that stinks about that is that it is sooo very contagious for several days before they show any symptoms but no longer contagious once the rash shows up. The good thing is that you can only get it once. so now Lana is done and your other kids should be done soon too. All my kids had it several years ago. (when Harrisen was a baby) which explains why he never got it from the people you guys got it from even though he spent more time there.

I'm glad things are going well for you all. BTW I loved the coordinating paper around the tree. this is the first year I havn't done that.:( I kind of missed how cute it looks.

Picture Perfect said...

Your treats turned out so well! Good job, they look yummy!

Larsens said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful and busy Christmas. Fun presents for all.

Tai said...

We had so much fun seeing you and your family lots around the Holidays, what is going on now? We are going through Eccleston withdrawls.

Ashley said...

So I have to say that Dylan will be so jealous when he sees that your hubby got that remote control helicopter.. I got some for my little brothers Jared and Trent this year, and Dylan was so jealous. He wanted on. haha!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! Your kids got such great gifts! They must have been really good this year! :)

Its so funny how much Hayden and Parker are so alike! He loves everything cars too!!

Love ya Hil!! I am so glad that you had such a great Holiday!!