Monday, February 9, 2009

Oh Man, I Have To Do THIS Chore?

Usually my cleaning day is Monday, but it really drives me crazy lately to clean on Monday. My kids make messes faster than I can clean them up and it takes me all day to get it done. So I cleaned last night instead. Wow, was that easier! It goes much faster if you can clean after kiddos are in bed! It was so nice to wake up on a Monday morning and have the housework almost done. All I needed to do was vacuum and finish laundry - you can't very well wash sheets when the kids are sleeping in their beds.:)

As I started vacuuming I realized that I REALLY needed to clean my carpets. And guess what? I had time to do that today since the rest of the cleaning was done! (Can you tell I was excited that it was done this morning?) I started cleaning the carpets and decided to take the cushions off of the couches and vacuum in there as well. You never know what treasures you'll find in there. No, I'm not rich. I didn't find money in there - just a bunch of skittles. Nice.

When I took the cushions off, I realized they were kind of goobey (I know that isn't a word, but it's the best way I can think of to describe it.) So me and my lazy self decided to just flip the cushions and deal with the goobs another day. I flip them and, oh crap, I've already done that trick. That means I have to actually clean the buggers. So an hour later ta-da!



Aren't they purdy? (No, that front cushion isn't stained. I did have another cushion leaning up against it before I took this picture and it messed up the pretty cleaning lines it had on it.)

And while I was busy cleaning the cushions, the kids were in the other room keeping themselves occupied by lining up about a thousand cars on the back of the couch and then jumping on the cushionless bugger. Hey, whatever keeps them happy.


So you can now come visit my house and I won't cringe when you sit on my couch for fear of what may stick to your bum when you stand up. :)

Wow, my life is boring when I am blogging about cleaning couch cushions. Note to self: Must.Get.Hobby!!!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL-Oh Hil!! You are so funny! It sounds like the kids had fun anyways!!

Oh I added some cheesy photos on the story I posted today. I LOVE YOU funny woman!

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Hey! Cleaning can be a hobby!! My cushions and I will be right over to help support your habit.

Katherine said...

You crack me up! I don't mind hearing about your cleaning day at all especially when you add a bit of your humor into the story. Love Ya Hil!

Larsens said...

Yes, must get a hobby. STAT! But I guess you have about 3-4 of them at home. This was very funny. I look at my mess and just ignore it because, you know, if you ignore it will go away...eventually. Somebody will clean, eventually. It is usually me.

Candace said...

Sweet! If you enjoyed that so much, I know someone who has a "goobey" couch as well, come on over!!!

Tai said...

I am proud of you for cleaning the cushions. Way more ambitious than I have ever been and probably ever will be! Come over, that could be your new hobby, and something fun for me to do to pass time!! I love seeing you and your kiddos!

April said...

You rock!!!