Monday, April 20, 2009

Bright Spots

The kids have all been sick since last Thursday with strep throat. YUCK! Usually, having sick kids is so miserable, but it actually hasn't been that bad. I've had some things to make me smile:

~ The night before the kids started getting sick, Bill brought me home these beautiful roses. I think he must have known that I was going to need something bright and cheery and pretty to look at for the next little while.:)

I'm not the only one who has enjoyed the roses. Kate climbs on the counter every chance she gets and smells them.

~ On Saturday afternoon, Kate had us all laughing because she was spraying everyone with the water bottle. She has a thing lately for anything that sprays in a bottle like that: Windex, Clorox Bathroom Cleaner, Water...you get the idea. By the time she was finished spraying Bill, he looked like he just had a shower. She was merciless with him.

~ Saturday night, Jordan and Nikole came over and we played games and laughed and laughed until after midnight. It was fun eating junk food, playing games, watching Rylee get so tired that she was delirious with laughter, and watching Rylee's face, completely amazed by Jordan's magic card tricks. It was lots of fun having them over and they introduced us to a new favorite game and even left us with it:

~ The weather is SO nice right now! We have been able to get outside and start working on the yard and let the kids run around and get much needed fresh air.

~ Yesterday afternoon, the kids all fell asleep! Here are the three big kids sacked out in the family room. Kate was asleep in her bed, and Bill and I were able to take about a half hour nap too! I really don't think we have EVER all taken a Sunday afternoon nap since Kate was born. It was so nice!

~ Yesterday evening we got a visit from my mom, Jordan, and Nikole. The kids were so happy to have visitors! Kate wasn't feeling too hot yet, so she just snuggled with Jordan on the couch for a bit. It was so sweet.

~ Somehow, Bill and I have avoided getting strep this far. Keep your fingers crossed that we stay healthy!

Thank heavens for these little things to smile about and enjoy while the kids are all feeling icky. Having sick kids is so hard, but we've been given a lot of good times during these past few days. It's so nice! :)

8 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Poor Kate looks SO tired in that last picture. I love that she was attacking Ryles with a squirt bottle.

I can't wait to get together to play "5 Crowns" with you guys!

Tai said...

Sorry to hear that your kids have been sick!! That seriously stinks, and with strep again??? Glad you got to have some fun visits from mom, Jordan and Nikole!! That would be nice when you have sick kids to have a little help!!

Katherine said...

I'm glad you had some bright spots in your week with the sickies. Those flowers are beautiful! And your kids are adorable too.

Company EIGHT said...

Those flowers are beautiful! What a thoughtful husband. I love the pic of all your kids sacked out--wish that would happen at our house!!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh, and we love Five Crowns...so, so fun!

Andrea said...

I will check out that game. I have not heard of it! (nothing new..living in a time warp). I am so sorry that your household is sick!! Blah! Maybe the nice weather will help everyone get better soon.

Your husband is such a sweetie to get you flowers. I love flowers on non-flower occasions!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm impressed! Way to find the "bright spots" while FOUR kids are sick with strep!! And I think it's bad when I just have two sick kids!! Hope everyone gets better quick and you and Bill remain healthy!

Picture Perfect said...

It totally sucks when someone gets sick because you know....everyone's going to get it! BTW, I love Kate taking her binky out to smell the roses!