Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Curious...

Look closely at this picture. Go ahead. This is in my bathroom, in the tub. The shower in my bathroom is separate from the tub. What is wrong with this picture? Give? Okay, I'll tell you.




I think the builder put the wrong spout thingie on my tub. Do you see what my poofie is hanging on? Why on earth do you need the little shower puller-upper thing if there is no shower?

As for the question that has been driving me nuts for so long now: What would happen if I pulled that thing up and kept the water running? Everything goes through my head from water seeping through all of the walls and causing icky mold to grow everywhere, thus causing a total remodel. (Hmmm...Now I'm thinking...) Oh sorry, but I have wondered about everything from the water in the wall to the whole faucet blowing completely off the wall due to the water pressure build-up.

What would happen? I know I am totally stupid to not know what would happen, but the curiosity is killing me. I have never pulled the thing and left the water running because I'm scared of ruining something. Maybe I should just call my uncle who is a plumber and ask him, but I would feel like such an idiot. Or maybe I should just pull it and see what happens. Dare me? Either way, I HAVE to know what would happen. Four years of wondering is making me nuts!

So if you know what would happen if I turned the water on and pulled the little shower thing up when there is no shower, please let me know. Otherwise my house may explode because my curiosity is getting the best of me.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I would hope nothing! I am sure that they used this fixture because they had the wrong one in their truck and were to lazy to get the correct one.

We had the same problem in our kids bathroom in our house by you. We were talking about upgrading the shower head. But just decided the $100 was not worth it. But for some reason when we moved in we noticed we had this little bonus anyways. There mistake, but our gain!

Nicole said...

Do it, do it. Go ahead and pull it... easy for me to say since it's not my house. :)

Company EIGHT said...

I would probably try it too. But just for a second, lol. I'm hoping they just installed the wrong fixture, not all the wrong plumbing!

Larsens said...

Ohhh, nothing will happen but then again, the people who built the house might have been the dummest bunch and installed the whole shebang and when you pull it, exactly what you described will happen.

Good luck in living with the unknown.

flarffy2000 said...

I dare ya! I will pull it for you! Are you sure it pulls up, maybe it's just a bonus poofie holder.

Andrea said...

I am guessing that nothing will happen. Just don't hold me responsible. I would ask you uncle! He could use a good laugh-I am sure ;).

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

my friend, Dan, told me that it will just stop the water flow--as if you had turned it off using the on/off switch and it won't cause wall damage.

Picture Perfect said...

oh, It's killing me already! I would pull it and if something "bad" happened, then I'd call the plumber. Can I come over and watch?