Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Countdown Update

Our Countdown is going so well! My kids are all really into it, and Hayden has been a riot this year. He is WAY into it. He doesn't remember it much from last year, so he thinks this is just the coolest thing.


Two days ago we listened to Janeen Brady's Take Your Hat Off and decorated foam hats for the parade. Lana told me that she loves to take her hat off when the flag goes by. So cute.

Hayden really concentrating on where to place the stars on his hat.

Lana pulling who knows what kind of a face? What a goofball!

Rylee modeling her hat so far...

We had to finish the hats in the evening because we needed more glitter glue and Kate still needed to put stars on her hat. (She was taking a nap when the other three kids did theirs.)

Finishing off the hats with glitter glue. Now this is the way to do crafts with the kids - all of us in P.J.'s!

The finished products sitting out over night to let the glitter glue dry.


Yesterday, we made the candy firecracker cups. The kids couldn't wait for this one. I put candy in baggies for each of the kids so they could stuff their own cups.
Kate wasn't interested in stuffing her cup. She just wanted to eat the candy. She wouldn't even finish a piece and would be opening the next one. Whatever. It wasn't worth a fight.

All of the kids wanted to munch on a piece of candy while they made their cups. And yes, we know it was stinking hot outside, but Rylee was cold after coming in the house from swimming. Hence, the nice winter robe.
Hayden, licorice to munch on in hand, doing a fantastic job stuffing his cup. He did such a great job! I was so impressed.

Lana enjoying her sucker as she thought about stuffing her cup.

Kate still not even thinking about putting the candy in her cup. She just enjoyed eating. I don't even think she watched the other kids put the candy in their cups.

Lana and Hayden finishing theirs up and trying to figure out how to get every single piece of candy in their cups.

Rylee with her finished cup.

Lana with her creation.

Hayden was so proud of his. He really took me literally when I told him to hold up his cup so I could take a picture! What a sweet boy!

Kate's finished product...

...as she leaves with more chocolate on herself than she had in the cup. And imagine that, she is opening more candy. Guess what mean mommy hid the rest of her candy right after this picture?

5 comments:

Candace said...

So cute! I love how creative you are, what fun memories your little family is making!

Tai said...

Can I just send my kids over to the fun cool house?? You are so stinking cute and creative! I love the firecracker cups... they are so cute! Hats are way cute too.

Company EIGHT said...

What fun, fun ideas!!!

Andy and Brooke said...

I am so excited for the fourth of July. I love to watch the fireworks, and now I have a little one that can hang out with her cousins!!!

Andrea said...

Fabulous idea!! I will have to remember that next year-will you remind me??