Monday, June 29, 2009

We're On The Countdown...

...for the 4th of July!!!




For those of you who aren't familiar with our countdown to the 4th, see this post from last year:

http://myownlittlecircus.blogspot.com/2008/06/we-love-america.html

You can look at posts after that for pictures of finished products as well if you'd like. I just didn't think you would like a list of links!




So this year we changed the way we made our countdown a bit. Instead of flags, we used patriotic pinwheels.


And then we put all four of them into a bud vase to keep them from getting smashed (or ripped to shreds by little fingers!)


Lana even sealed her patriotism with her blood. The poor girl put a staple right through her finger. She was pulling the stapler open and then closing it again (after we told her not to play with it and I had told her she could staple her finger) and sure enough - the obvious happened. I felt bad for her. But that is probably a write of passage for childhood right? Hasn't everyone stapled their finger?

Anyway, the countdown is officially ON, and the kids are so excited for our activities to celebrate the 4th of July! For our activity today, we are listening to Take Your Hat Off and then are decorating foam hats to wear to the parade the morning of the 4th. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Yahoo! It will be a fun week for your children. Looks like you are off to a great start.

Jenn said...

Yeah! You still need to start up your Holiday Craft Blog-you are so good!

Can you email me your address?? I have it on my other computer that is currently down.

Love ya!

Katherine said...

HOw fun! You are an inspiration to us all.

BTW I have never stapled my finger. Not yet anyway. My childhood mishaps always seemed to involve wire haingers and the skin between my toes. I still can't look at a wire hainger on the floor and not cringe.

Nicole said...

I'm so glad that I read your blog! I will just rely on you for ideas to keep my kids busy and creative as they get older!!