Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lana in Preschool

Lana's first day of preschool was last Thursday, and she was so excited to start school again. She adores her teacher and loves the interaction with all of the other kids. She has really missed preschool over the summer. It was all I could do to get her to stop and let me take a picture of her before she left for school. Hayden had to be in the picture with his big sister. He always loves taking Lana to school and picking her up with me.


So off to school we went. She knew the whole routine. She got there, hung up her backpack and sat next to her buddy to begin the day coloring at the table. Getting her to look at me for a picture was a trick!
After school was out, my mom came over to visit. She brought all of the kids new PJ's just because she is nice and they were all so excited. So that night, I put all of them in their new jammies and made them get their picture taken.
This was just the topper for Lana's great day. First day of preschool, a visit from grandma, and new jammies to snuggle into at the end of her big day - it doesn't get better than that.:)

Fast forward to yesterday. She is still loving school, and now they are beginning their color unit. Each day is a different color and the kids are encouraged to wear that color. Lana was so excited for school yesterday. She got to be all decked out in red (she even wanted her fingernails and toenails painted red - THAT'S MY GIRL!)

It is always so fun to walk in and see all of the kids dressed in the same color. So adorable!

And a little funny side note: Yesterday was also the first time Lana got to take show and tell this year. Guess what my kid took? She took the squirt bottle that I use to do her and Rylee's hair. What a goofball! When I asked her what she was going to say about the squirt bottle she said that she was going to show the class how she likes to take drinks from it (yuck) and how she likes to spray herself in the face. Whatever. My kid is the class clown. Great. She gets it from her dad. :)

I am so happy that she has a fun preschool and wonderful teacher to enjoy the year with and I can't wait to see what other adventures we have this year.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun to be all in the color of the day. and icky about drinking out of the squirt bottle.

Katherine said...

My kids drink out of the squirt bottle all the time. I figure, as long as it has never had anything but water in it I dont care too much. I just have to keep it away from Harrisen, the last time he got a hold of the squirt bottle we had to buy a new TV. He sprayed water inside the holes in the front to "clean" them.

Lana looks so cute all decked out for school. Your girls are always so cute.

Company EIGHT said...

Oh my, is she ever cute! Her hair is red, right? We are extremely partial to redheads in our family (we have two!)!!! Yay for preschool and new jammies!

Jenn said...

Dang you have such CUTE KIDS HIl...I love how each girl has their own hair color-the best of ALL worlds.. Lana looks positively adorable in each picture and I am DIGGING those Red and Pink Bows!! The bigger the better! Hooray for Lana!

Shannon said...

I would like to challenge the comment about her being a goofball and class clown...I believe that she got it from her mother. You crack me up every time I read your blog.

We need to get together sometime. Call me

Shannon

Larsens said...

What a fun pre-school. Good luck to Lana this year.

Blackeyedsue said...

Those pictures don't do her justice. She was absolutely STUNNING in red. SO pretty!

Oh, today she told me "I told Caden goodbye cause he's my BOYFRIEND!!!!" And then she started giggling.

LOVE that girl! LOVE HER!

Curtis and Jen said...

hey hillary, it's your cousin jen burtenshaw-bingham. i noticed you were on chanel's blog and had to see how you all were doing. Your lana sure is cute. Curtis and I are pregnant and wondering if we might get red hair in our family too??? We will see... Sounds like you all are doing great!

Lei said...

Your girls are so cute. I am really glad you popped in... please do so anytime and I'd love to do the same with you. ;)

Lei said...

ugh, sometimes i forget to sign out of google before i comment on blogs (if you click on my name it takes you nowhere)... i guess it doens't matter, you know who i am and where my blog is. lol.