Friday, March 14, 2008

Dinner Discussion

Tonight at dinner the topic turned to St. Patrick's Day. Rylee said that her teacher at school told her that if she caught a leprechaun, he would give her three wishes instead of all of his gold.

So Bill asked her what her three wishes would be. Here is the way the conversation proceeded:

Bill: Rylee, what would you wish for?
Rylee: I would wish for a fluffy bunny, a bubble machine because I love bubbles, and I would know how to cook better (I want that for her too).

Bill: Lana, what would you wish for?
Lana: I want a puppy. (Do you think my kids want a pet? Too bad.)
Me: What else would you wish for, Lana?
Lana: A kitty. (Still...Too bad!)
Bill: (Trying to help her think of a third wish as he is looking at her in a dress up that is way too big and the neckline is sagging to her waist)...Something to cover up your boobies!?
Lana: Yep.

Me: What would daddy wish for?
Rylee: He would wish for you, a date with you, and snuggling with you Mommy.
Bill: That's right, and smooching with Mommy.
Rylee: (As she rolls her eyes) Oh great.

Bill: What would mommy wish for?
Me: A break.
Rylee: You need three wishes.
Me: Three breaks.

The family then laughs. I was dead serious. What is so funny about three breaks? Now you see how often I take a break. My family thinks it is a big joke when I mention it. I REALLY need three breaks!

What are your three wishes? (Just in case you have the good fortune of catching a leprechaun)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

You SOOOOO DESERVE A BREAK! 100 BREAKS for that matter! They were just laughing because you sounded so cute when you said it!! They were adoring you Hilary! And they were saying hah hah there is no way you are leaving our sight because we adore you!! That's what that is all about.

3 wishes.....
1)To learn how to READ A MAP so I wouldn't get lost so much....
2)For my children to beg me to do more chores...
3)To finally organize my organization......

Larsens said...

1)To have warmer weather.
2)To get my projects finished.
3)To have summer here sooner.

Andrea said...

Thanks for making my day! :)
3 wishes:
1.) to have a nanny/secretary
2.) to own my own house
3.) to have 100 more wishes

I wish for you that much deserved break!

Blackeyedsue said...

So, are you going to take me with you on that break?

My wishes?
1) Darling sandals for summer
2) A stellar person to be President
3) Tickets to the Bon Jovi/Daughtry concert