Friday, March 28, 2008

Kids, Kids. Kids

Do you ever have days where your kids make you nuts but at the same time you are laughing your head off? We had one of those days yesterday...



Kate and Hayden were locked in a cage and loved it. (Okay, it wasn't a cage, but it looks like it doesn't it?) Hayden is so good to share his things with Kate. She swiped his binkie, and he just sat there and watched her with a proud look on his face. So sweet.









And Kate was so proud of herself. Hayden wasn't too upset either. Obviously!









Then later in the afternoon, Hayden was throwing a little fit.
You know, we have to have a few of those per day.
So this was a crazy moment. But then...









I told him to drink his soda and be quiet. I thought it was funny because it worked. He really was happy, but he had a huge tear still running down his cheek. Funny boy! And, yes, I know I am a bad mom to shove soda at my son to get him to settle down. But, oh well.










And then Rylee decided it would be funny to shove the little toy shot needle thing up her nose and let it hang. She had a long day at school and was super silly last night after her long day. I love it when she gets in these moods.












Lana tried sitting on a punch balloon just to see what would happen. Apparently those things are made of steel. I would have loved it if the thing would have popped. But no such luck.






Then Hayden tried to sit on the punch balloon as well. It took him a while to sit on it. He would back up against it and it would roll away. He ended up backing in circles around the room about three times before he finally caught the thing and sat on it. Then he bounced on it. Again, I wanted it to pop just to see the reaction, but either the balloon is made of steel or he is just a lightweight.






I tried getting the kids to bed, but after we put the girls in bed Hayden grabbed a sucker instead of snuggling like he was supposed to. So we put him on the bed with Kate, and again, she wanted what he had. And again, he is such a nice brother to share with her.






Two bright-eyed mischief makers. Kate wanted more sucker and I was telling Hayden to get down and throw away his sucker stick so we could get him to bed. (After the second round of teeth brushing, of course) What a fun day we had!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought my life was crazy!! ;)

Jenn said...

I love how you can see the humor in this stuff. You can laugh it off, take some pictures and then bake some cookies!!! That's why you are SUCH AN AMAZING MOM! And that's why you have 4 kids. They needed you girl!!

Andrea said...

You are such a fun mom! I have no patience at bedtime. I just want those kids to diappear in their beds and let me have some peace.

This just reminds me to let them relax and have some fun before bed.

We are finally having daylight savings this weekend, so getting them to bed will be more challenging for the next weeks. I'm just praying for more patience...

BTW, we have Windows Messenger set up, but I will have to explore how to change settings (i.e., not signing in as my daughter). We will now be 7 hours ahead of CST (where my family lives) in the US. We are GMT+1.

Have a fun weekend!

Andrea said...

O.K. I'm such a spellcheck failure. I want the kids to "disappear" at bedtime...no wait, maybe it was "diaper" themselves :)

Blackeyedsue said...

In a year when Kate is walking, you will be in for it!

I have missed you! We need to talk!

Larsens said...

here is a hint: You give a needle to Rylee, you hold the camera ready, and ask the other kids to bounce on the ball. Now those would be priceless pictures, if you asked me.

john said...

Blow up punchballs , or just jumbo sized balloons to not quite full size, then let the kids sit on them, you will get the photos you are looking for then, priceless expressions on kids faces when those things burst. Better yet have a camcorder handy

Anonymous said...

That is so silly.....peace