Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Life...In Six Words

So, yesterday, Blackeyedsue did a post on "My Life Monday" in which she said we were supposed to sum up our lives in six words. She got the idea from Rachelle, who I just remembered to link. Man, I am still such a newbie at this blog stuff!!! Please forgive me! So, I will give it a whirl.

Wow, this is a challenge.

I know this is Tuesday, so call it Tardy Tuesday in my case. But after some thought (I know I am putting way too much thought into this) I came up with this:

Totally, crazy in love with Bill.

I know that my life consists of other things, but who I am today revolves around this sentence. I am his wife because I love him and wanted to always be with him. We have our kids because we love each other. And we make it through everything because we love each other. Cheesy, I know. But really that is my life right now.

And notice I said I am IN love with Bill, not just that I love him. To be able to say I am still in love with him after the trials we have faced together and to be able to say I am looking forward to spending forever with him says that I am happy in my life right now. Does that make sense? We still have our ups and downs but through it all we are still nuts about each other.

He doesn't define who I am and I don't define who he is, but together we define one family, one purpose and one life together. Therefore, my six words had to involve him.

I did have some sarcastic ideas though. You have to have a sense of humor about the whole thing too. Other ideas that ran through my head were: "Love: Junk Food, Hate: Vegetables. Amen." You know things like that!?

Anyone else want to sum up their life in six words? I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

This is so awesome Hilary!! I love it! There are some people that never have this. To have it and recognize it is a true blessing! I can totally see the love you two share the brief times that I get to see you.

My Life In Six Words....Blessed More than I Could Imagine....

I am blessed with a loving family and so many amazing friends. And best of all I am loved by our Heavenly Father and continue to be blessed by him even when I am least deserving of it.

Heidi said...

I love it. You are very lucky to have chosen a person you feel this way about! Enjoy every day.

Rachelle said...

Thank you so much for participating!

Larsens said...

Family that farts together stays together.