Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER

Happy Easter! I know we probably have about the same pictures as everyone else, but it is still fun to see sweet kids hunting eggs and pretty dresses and handsome boys dressed up for church. So I figured these were worth posting. Enjoy our Easter adventures...


We had an Easter egg hunt with my sister's family. The kids were so cute, and they love being with their cousins, so it was a good time for all of us.


Bill video taping Hayden and his cousin hunting for eggs. It was so nice to see the big kids helping the younger ones.


Rylee showing off her very fantastic Easter basket which we used for the egg hunt. Okay, I know we should have got out the fancy baskets, but, hey a paper bag with a name written on it serves the same purpose just fine!:)



Lana running with her egg. That girl went nuts. She is the kind of kid who gets so excited about such a simple thing. I love it! She was excited about all the eggs until she realized that they didn't all have Starbursts in them. That girl is obsessed with the pink and red Starbursts. I guess that leaves more chocolate for me.


Hayden and his cousin, who is just a couple of months younger than he is. They are so cute together. When they are together, we don't even notice them because they just keep each other entertained. I love it! And they just barely made it into the house (notice the door to the right) when they had to sit on the floor and immediately start going through their loot. I love these kids together!



Saturday afternoon, after the egg hunt with cousins, we colored our eggs. Funny little story about this little Lana. Last year when we told her we were going to color Easter eggs, she got everyone a piece of paper and crayons and told us to "color Easter eggs." So we had to draw and color eggs. Pretty funny. This year, she understood though. But I promise she does have real clothes. She just loves dress-ups!



And Rylee decorating eggs as well. She has real clothes too. But now that I think about it, why do I bother getting them real clothes when all they want to wear is dress-ups?



Me and all of the kids while we finished the eggs. We were letting the kids do the stickers on them, and I had to put this picture in because I LOVE Hayden's face! When bill saw this picture he said, "Raise your hand if you're tired." Do you think Lana looks tired?



Bill and Kate just before church. Both are wearing their new Easter church outfits.
The Easter bunny left all of us new church outfits and lots of other goodies. But I won't bore you with the rundown of what was in each basket. We had a lot of fun that morning. Rylee had to really wait for the rest of us, though. The girl was up at 4:00!!! What a stinker. She gets so excited for holidays. You would think it was Christmas yesterday. Funny kid. I'm paying for it today though.


Our handsome Hayden just before church. He kept dodging the camera, but I had to get a picture of him in his new Easter outfit. It came with a tie, but we could not get him to put it on for anything. Personally, I think he looks studly without it. Do I see a GQ cover in the future?



The pretty girls in their Easter dresses just before church.


The whole family just before church. Do you ever look at a family picture and think, "Crap, we have a big family?" That is what I think when I look at this picture. I feel like we have a circus.

The kids with Uncle Jordan. He was nice enough to come over before we went to church to take some pictures of all of us together. So I had to take one of the kids with him since they absolutely adore him. (Not that I can blame them;) It is always fun to be able to see family on Easter. We saw Jordan again after church, as well as my mom, my other brother's girlfriend, and my sister and brother-in-law. I was just too brainless to take out my camera yesterday afternoon. But we loved seeing all of them and spending time with them. We hope you all had a fabulous Easter! Let's hear about it!



8 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

YAY! My internet is working again! I love your little circus. Your Easter looks like it was fun...minus the tired kids ;)

You are HAWT my friend. HAWT!

Larsens said...

Greetings from Houston. Sitting here eating Cantina Laredo's "Durango" goodness. Really yummy dinner.
Looks like you had a great Easter. I was lazy and did nothing. We went to our friend's house for dinner.
In the morning, Alex comes to the basement with two Easter eggs in his hands that he found on his easter grass, and said:"I know now that Easter bunny is not real. I saw these eggs in your purse yesterday." Oh well. There goes that mystery.
Did I mention that it is really warm here in Houston. I LOVE IT!!!

Jenn said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCUTE!!! And Hil you look gorgeous as always dahling!!! So fun! And I just want to kiss cutiepie little Kate!! What a SWEETHEART!

Amy said...

I love the picture of the whole family by the paino. You all look so great!

I miss the "circus" family picture.
It is a priceless photo.

Andrea said...

I LOVE your Easter pictures! Your kiddos are so, so adorable and you look mah-vah-lous! Your kids each have their own unique physical qualities. I love the variety. That is really great!
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love to see how people get together and celebrate with family and friends. There is something special about the day with pretty dresses, colored eggs, a church brimming with people and fun. The candy isn't bad either.

Looking at your other comments: It's hard to believe that we will be enveloped in that Houston humidity and heat in 3-4 months. I'm not sure I really miss that :(. I do miss the restaurants and shopping though. We just have to visit the Galleria for some skating, shopping and ice cream.

BTW-I thought something was missing! The circus picture!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hilary~

I'm not sure if you remember me. I moved into the ward just as you were about to move out. I saw your blog from Jenn's blog and just wanted to say hello. When I met you, I believe you only had 2 kids. Wow, how your fmaily has grown! :) Your kids are ADORABLE! Very cute family!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

So glad you remember me and our many Sunday Schools in the hall. :) :) Of course you can add me to your blog list and I will do the same. Good to hear from you and We'll be in touch.

Kris said...

How cute! You are so beautiful!