Friday, March 7, 2008

Our Busy Week...

We have had quite the eventful week. We have had two birthdays and another very special event as well...Stay tuned! If you make it to the end of this post you will see our other exciting event!

********************************************************************************

First of all, we began the week with LANA'S BIRTHDAY!!!

The little stinker turned four this week. I can't believe it. She is our child who makes us laugh the most and yet drives us the most crazy. I guess it really is true that there is opposition in all things. We can't always have the hilarious one without having the tremendous fits as well.

Lana is a sweetheart when she is around her brother and sisters and has such a tender heart. She plays with Hayden all day long (which I love) and she is always willing to help with Kate as well. She loves pre-school and can't stand missing it when she is sick. She is a social butterfly and loves all of her friends and extended family so much. And we love her
too...



This is Lana opening her presents on the morning of her birthday. She was nice to let Hayden help her. She was feeling a bit crummy that day, but she was a great sport all day and smiled through it all (I'm sure presents and cake helped that a bit:)


This is Lana blowing out the candles on her birthday cake. It was quite the cake - an entire castle complete with princesses. She loved it! And look how cute she looks in her new little dress she got for her birthday. I love her in this color.

Lana and her best buddy down the street. Look how much they love each other. It was funny to watch the two of them just eyeing the cake. They couldn't wait to get their hands on it. It was like they couldn't sit close enough to the cake (and each other, apparently). Cute girls!!!
We love you, Lana! Happy number four!
********************************************************************************
Next event of the week...BILL'S BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday, Honey! Bill is officially enjoying the last year of his twenties now. I have the right to mention this because I am older than he is. He was able to take the day off and be with us. We were all thrilled to have him here. The girls hate it when he has to go to work on his birthday and they can't watch him open presents first thing in the morning. Waiting all day stinks...even if they aren't your presents to rip in to.



See, what did I tell you? The girls thoroughly enjoy the present-opening! Lana was determined to get Bill "Spiderman 3" for his birthday. I don't know why, but that is what she got him. And Rylee got him the hand held "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" game. (I think she wants to show him up;)


Hayden likes to help rip open the presents as well. In most of Bill's gifts, I added a bag of his favorite candy. So each time he opened a present Hayden would exclaim, "A TANNIES!" (Hayden for "candy" of course) It was so funny.
Bill is the glue of our family and he deserves to always have fantastic birthdays. At least he looked HOT in his new clothes! I love shopping for him for birthdays. He loves clothes. That makes shopping for him so much fun! Happy Birthday! I love you!

This brings me to our next fun event of the week, which was also on Bill's birthday (we had a busy day).

****
***************************************************************************

ELDER JORDAN JENNINGS HAS (FINALLY) RETURNED WITH HONOR!!!
Do you see the handsome dude sitting by my handsome husband? That would be my brother, Jordan, who just returned from his mission in Jacksonville, Florida. We missed the guy so bad. My kids were so excited to see him again. (A side note: Bill is covering his mouth because he was rough-housing with Lana just before dinner when she jumped up and smacked him in the mouth and cut his lip pretty bad. Thank goodness for my brother-in-law and his excellent super-glue skills. Poor Bill. That was an extra birthday present from Lana - delivered in classic Lana style.)

Backtracking a bit...This is at the airport when we all went to meet Jordan. What a good-lookin' missionary! We had quite the group at the airport to meet him...I'm sure we REALLY looked like a circus!

Jordan at dinner posing for a picture for me. I'm sure he got used to that on his mission. We had so much fun that night. Besides poor Bill's lip it was a nice evening. We had a turkey dinner at our house with all of our families and enjoyed being together.


And look how sweet this is. Yesterday Jordan came over and helped me install our new computer since I am such a retard at computers. Look how nice he is - his first day back and he is already helping me out. What an awesome brother - and an awesome uncle. Hayden was only two weeks old when Jordan left, and it is like Hayden has remembered him or something. He loves to snuggle Jordan. He sat on Jordan's lap while he was working on our new computer and he just fell asleep. So sweet!


Kate loves Jordan too. She looks like she is ready to rip his glasses right off his face. (She is at about the right age!) Jordan is seriously such a cool uncle and brother and we are so glad he is home.

We love you, Jordan! We are so glad you are back safe and sound and that you served so well. You make us proud!!!




8 comments:

Larsens said...

Happy Birthday to Lana and Bill. You had a busy week. So great to see all the pictures. Thanks for posting them. We are so excited to see Jordan and all of you guys on Sunday.

Blackeyedsue said...

Look how cute Lana is. She is so much fun, even if she drives you batty once in a while.

I want to see a picture of Bill's lip! Happy birthday big guy!

And I am LOVING that picture of Jordan...and I am SO happy you have your computer up and running.

Jenn said...

Your girls are so GORGEOUS! Lana looks adorable and I LOVE HER CAKE. I also was totally digging the leopard Mink on Rylees little sweater-what a trendsetter! And your brother is home! This surely is a busy and exciting week for you! You go girl!

Andrea said...

What a great catch up post! You have had a great family week :) Red-heads look fabulous in aqua. Lauren wore a great Gymbo dress in aqua and purple at that age. I hope you have a great weekend! Happy birthday (s)!

Heidi said...

That little Lana is adorable! Her hair is absolutely beautiful! What a fun and busy week.

Amy said...

What a great post. It looks like you had an exciting week. Lana is a beautiful girl!


P.S. I thought the other exciting event was going to be a baby announcement. :)

Watts Family said...

Hello Hil!
It's Chanel and your aunt Sheila. I, Chanel, am so glad to see that you have a blog. Check mine out! Can I add a link to yours on my blog? You have a beautiful family and it is so fun to now see updated pictures of them.
OK Hilary, it's Sheila. It was so much fun to see Bill and the kids at your parents home today. Your girls are so cute and Hayden is so big. Come see us soon.

Bilary said...

Amy - NO WAY AM I PREGNANT AGAIN! I am not aiming for the looney bin any time soon!