Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tagged!!!


My darling cousin, Ashley, tagged me! I have been stewing over this one since she tagged me. I am so boring. I mean, really. This one is a seven random things tag. Honestly, I can't think of seven interesting things about me. But I'll give it a whirl:


~ I can't remember the last time that Bill and I were able to just sleep in until whenever we woke up. It has been YEARS. I would SOOOO love to go on a vacation with him and be able to just sleep in and not have an alarm or kids wake us up. (Can you tell I am tired because a little Kate was awake half the night last night?)

~ Sometimes I still crave a cold cereal that they used to make when I was a kid. (When I was pregnant I craved them SO bad.) What cereal is it you ask? SMURFBERRY CRUNCH! Does anyone remember that stuff? It had pinkish/red and dark purple/blue crunchy berries. It was delicious. I wish they (whoever "they" is) would bring that stuff back. Another food I really miss: PBMax Candy Bars. Remember those little gems? Ooooh, I would love to eat one. Who was the stinker that got rid of those without asking me first?

~ One of these days, Bill and I would love to take up golf. Bill and I keep saying that we want to learn and when we retire (if that ever happens in this economy) we want to play golf together every day. For now, we'll have to stick to racquetball. We don't even have a lot of time for that.:(

~ I love the smell of Drakkar cologne. It reminds me of the first few dates that Bill and I went on. He let me borrow his jacket, like a true gentleman, when we went to a hockey game and I was freezing. I kept my nose in that coat all night. Even now when I smell the stuff, I get all nostalgic.

~ I have one quirk that just makes me weird. I HATE to go out to eat. Most people love not having to cook their food and clean it up. I don't like eating food that I can't see where it came from. But give me a backyard BBQ with friends any day, and I will be there in a flash.

~ Bill and I made a bet about three years ago. He said that he was betting that I would be the Relief Society President within ten years. I said that there was no way in heck that will happen EVER in my lifetime, let alone ten years. If I win, I get a trip to Hawaii (with Bill, of course, so he can't complain.) If he wins, we take a trip to San Francisco and go to a 49ers game. I think we are looking at Hawaii in seven years. I am doing my best to make sure I won't ever be the Relief Society President. :) And I don't know if we want to waste money on 49ers tickets any time soon because they, um, stink right now. Shhhh. Don't tell Bill I said that.

~ When I was a little girl (maybe 4?), I was playing at my aunt and uncle's house with my cousin. We were in their unfinished basement and we saw the drain on the floor. My cousin dared me to pee in the drain. I told him I would if he would. He agreed and told me to go first. I did, but I first made him promise to not tell his mom about it. He promised and then promised he would do it after me. So I peed down the drain and he went running upstairs to tell his mom. I was so embarrassed and I had to call my aunt and apologize later that night. Moral of the story: Don't be gullible like me. I am still kind of a gullible sucker. (I'm pretty sure I would fall for the "Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary" joke if someone wouldn't have explained it to me first.)

So there you go. Seven random things. Wasn't that fun?!?!

Now I get to tag seven people. I am tagging: Tai, Jamie, Jenn H., April, Deb, Katherine, and Andrea. Have fun ladies! Can't wait to read your posts! And if anyone else would like to play along, feel free!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Whatever. You are one of THE MOST EXCITING People EVER....Hil you are the Dominos Pizza V.I.P.-I don't know anyone else who has that HONOR....you have made more cookies then ANYONE I have EVER known..now that is exciting ESPECIALLY if the majority of those if not ALL of them have CHOCOLATE...they you are so cool and let your kids eat fun things like soda and candy and watch Spongebob-they must ADORE YOU. Jeffery would move to your house with out a second glance I KNOW if he had this information made known to him. And I TOTALLY REMEMBER that CEREAL...I love that you appreciate the finer things in life.

And........Bad news....I KNOW without a DOUBT...

YOU...Hilary...will be.....

Relief Society President within the next 7 years..so you had BETTER CHANGE that deal with Bill FAST.

Love YA! Talk to you on our monthly phone date tommorow!

It might take me a few days to get to that Tag...My body is killing me from Jump Rope Challenge...I've got to stop going to the gym while I'm doing it. I never take baths but TONIGHT I think I will.....

Candace said...

Cute tag! And I agree with jenn, you are an exciting person! And good luck with the golf lessons. Jeff loves to golf, he's actually pretty good too. Just don't ever ask him about the stray golf ball and the back of some ladies head!

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!! It must be a Jennings thing. We think that we are not interesting... but that is so far from the truth!

I love all of yours! I hope you win the bet! Hawaii would be awesome! And I cant believe you peed in the drain. Which aunt was it? Was in on the Jennings side? I just would never have thought. haha I love thinking about us as kids. You were so fun to play with!

Thanks for playing along. I enjoyed this a ton!

Anonymous said...

That was so fun to read. And what a great bet to have.

Company EIGHT said...

You are so darling! This was really fun to read. Oh, and I'm with you on the Drakkar cologne. My husband wore that when we were first dating too, in fact, that's one of the first gifts I gave him. Love it!

Andrea said...

Fun read! I remember teh Drakkar...and Obsession. High school days come alive again!

I could picture you golfing-honestly. I would like to be the golf cart driver. Fun times. I hear ya about the restaurant thing. We do go out to eat but I'm not a big fan unless I have been there or know the restaurant. I am that way about pot lucks. I have seen some people's kitchens-ugh. I won't eat pot luck items unless I KNOW the person that made it--and then I may not. :)

We are cleaning out the storage room this weekend, so if I can escape from the stuff, I will get to this tagged request-promise! Oh that and post our Legoland trip...and Lauren's birthday (last month!!) that I forgot to post. Shame on me...

Katherine said...

What a fun tag. that was fun reading all that fun stuff about you. (I don't feel so bad that Harrisen thinks it is okay to pee in the garbage, after all you turned out pretty good)

I will do it but I'll have to wait until later.I tried to copy and paste the rules to my blog so I could do it but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll try again later.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love reading your blog! It's one of my favorites. I just got all caught up on it... being gone for a week really throws my blog reading off. :) It always makes my day to read your blog.

P.S I think you would make a fantastic R.S President!!

Tai said...

Oh great, yours were fun to read but I'm gonna have a hard time thinking of anything interesting to say about myself. Oh well, maybe i will just make it really funny about all the embarrassing stuff that has happened to me!!

April said...

What did you have to go and mention PBMaxx candy bars for?! GAAH!!! Now I really, really want some!!!

And you tagged me. Eek. These things always take me forever.