Monday, October 6, 2008

What's New?

We have been having lots of fun the last few days at our house.

We got a new dining room set last week. We really needed it because we were down to two chairs with our old set. We have two bar stools, and Kate still sits in her seat, so at every meal either Bill or I was left fasting. Okay, not really, but we couldn't sit together as a family at the table for dinner. We used to have three good chairs, but when the kids put a hole through the back of the third good one, we decided it was REALLY time to get a new set. (I was kind of glad that chair got ruined, if you want to know the truth. I HATED that dining set!) So, now we have this new set with EIGHT chairs! AND we still have the bar stools. Any one want to come over for dinner? We have room for you to sit now!

This past week and for half of the day today we actually had company - FOUR little extra ones to be exact. I watched a friends' four kids while they were in Hawaii, so we actually filled the new dining room table last week. Kinda fun. So if you were wondering if we are planning to have more kids to fill up the table, the answer is NO!!! I'm definitely good with my four. Those four extra kids are good kids; it is just a LOT of little bodies to get fed, dressed, and groomed for the day. WOW! But can I just tell you that Bill and I are super parents?!?!?! We had all of the kids asleep by 8:15 on Thursday night. Yep, you can pat me on the back. So what did Bill and I do you ask? Nope, not that, you sickos! We went to sleep! I needed ENERGY to be able to get up and get that many kids ready in the morning (and to do it with a smile!)


Okay, so on to another new thing. Kate got some new PJ's from Bill's parents for her birthday, and she just looks like such a big girl, so I had to take a picture.

And she is showing you her newest obsession: Chocolate milk! She has picked that up from Hayden. I finally am starting to just give her a cup of chocolate milk so she doesn't have to swipe Hayden's and make him mad.

And Kate's other new trick (kinda makes me sad, but she is so darn cute!):

She was so cute. My mom was visiting and was kind of a "grandma sandwich" on the floor between Hayden and Kate when Kate decided to show off her new found standing abilities. Now I keep catching her standing up in the middle of the room clapping for herself. (And just so you know, I really do her hair, but she rips it out as soon as it's done. Stinker!)


Bill and I also have a new hobby (I guess you could call it a hobby?) He bought a copy of this book for us a couple of weeks ago:

We just started it last night, and can I tell you (shamefully) that for the first time EVER, I am so excited about reading the Book of Mormon? If you haven't ever read this book or used it with your Book of Mormon study, I highly recommend it. There is so much insight in it and it doesn't just give a few notes to read along the way. It contains the entire chapters of scripture with notes inserted. IT IS AWESOME! Bill and I were eating it up last night. And it leads to some interesting conversation as well. So if you read it, I would also recommend reading it with someone you can discuss it with. (And just so you know, there are three books in the series. This one goes through Mormon. But they are totally worth the money!)


Well, now that I have rambled on long enough, maybe I should go and pay attention to my kids. THAT would be something new today! Those poor kids are so neglected on cleaning day. But my cleaning day is done now and I can take care of them! :)

14 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Look at how sparkling clean your kitchen is. LOVE the table. LOVE that you finally have a new one. LOVE that you LOVE it so much!

Kate is darling. I love how she claps for herself. Will you please tell her that I said not to grow ANYMORE. She is simply not allowed to get any bigger.

And you already know I think you are a saint for taking those kids. There is a place in heaven for you.

And I am headed to get that book ASAP. I need some BOM motivation of my own.

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I think it's a waste to have all those chairs and no extra butts to fill them with. Instead of sleeping when your kids are sleeping, you should...um...do something else.

C'mon!! You know you wanna' keep up with me and my family.

Jenn said...

OOH!! I LOVE that table!! And good color for KIDS!!! Kate looks so old in her NEW pajamas! She is so sweet. You are so funny. You always make it sound like you are a freak but you are TRUELY THE BEST MOM EVER! LOVE YA HIL!

Company EIGHT said...

LOVE the table! I have one very similar to that, and didn't get it all that long ago, so I know where you're coming from. It's heaven on earth having enough places for everyone to sit!
That Kate is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.! I loved watching that video clip--cute kids, and a cute mom!

Anonymous said...

great table!! 8 kids-YIKES but I bet it was fun! I'm gonna have to look for that book. I read the BOM earlier this year but then slacked off after I finished it.

Katherine said...

LOVE the table that is exactly the one I want. now if I could only convince my husband to like it. He's not so keen on the square idea. He thinks everyone's knees will be hitting under the table. As if ours aren't now with 7 people at a table for six.

I remember watching the Matheson's four girls several times while they went on trips and I know what you mean about the getting them all fed bathed and ready. 8 girls heads of hair was more than enough. But it was soo much fun. I would gladly do it again anytime. the kids had so much fun having all their friends over fow that long.

You are such a good mom and you have a darling family. I love that your mom was just hainging out on the floor with the kids. What a good gramma.

Andrea said...

Loving that table! I am so glad that you can eat as a family! We have a table for 6 (but 7 chairs)-so we have to be creative when we have dinner guests.

Sweet Kate! Love the clip :)

Andrea said...

P.S. We can be there for dinner....in say...12 hours :) What's for dinner?

Ashley said...

A NEW TABLE!! I love it! It is so cute! We just got a new table too! We only got 6 chairs though... It could fit 8 but we did not think about that. I am thinking we should have gotten 8 now that I see yours. Our tables look very similar! Love it!!

We do need to get together! I am available on Friday nights! Or anytime during the day. I work at 4am usually so I like to go to bed pretty early. So Friday is my night off, and I can stay out late that night

I hope we hang out soon!
Love ya!

Angie said...

Congratulations on the new dinning set. It is beautiful!!! I'm impressed with you for taking on FOUR additional little ones. You are super woman!!!

Picture Perfect said...

I love the table, it's fun to have a square table!

Kate is so cute and her little thighs, or big thighs I should say are so cute! You sure you don't want another to fill up one more chair? That's ok, I don't want anymore either and I have 8 chairs too!

Tai said...

I love your new table. That is so dang exciting. I was getting excited to get out all of our new furniture when me move until the other night McKenz decided to sharpen her teeth along the back of one of our chairs and so now it has teeth marks all along the back. HMMM.. maybe new furniture can wait!! I think you are awesome for taking on that many kids. Is there a trade of some sort coming up for you and Bill????

Larsens said...

Beautiful table and chairs.
Thanks also for the suggestion for the B of M study. I'm always on the lookout for something new.

Candice said...

Great idea! I need to get that book to help me in my scripture study!
I love your new table!!! I want one!