Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Tag

Steph tagged me for this Christmas meme. I haven't blogged for a while because I have been so busy, but this one looked like fun. So here it goes:

Christmas Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper

2. When do you put the tree up? The day after Thanksgiving

3. When do you take the tree down? Sometime between Christmas and New Year's Day - whenever I can't stand the tree any more.

4. Eggnog?? BARF!!!

5. Favorite gift received as a child? That one is hard. Probably the year that I got my first Cabbage Patch Doll.

6. Hardest person to buy for? Our parents.

7. Easiest person to buy for? This year - Hayden. He likes anything "Cars," "Mickey Mouse," or "Thomas."

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and I LOVE it!

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards! I love to get them, so why wouldn't other people?

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Wow, that one is hard. Off the top of my head I really can't think of a bad one. Guess I'm lucky.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving. I would like to start earlier, but Bill hates to. So we are last minute shoppers.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so, unless you count my kids playing with the Cabbage Patch stuff and My Little Ponies that I got as a kid.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Home-made chocolates.

15. Lights on the tree? Yes. Who doesn't?

16. Favorite Christmas song? Canon in D, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, O Holy Night, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (that one's for you, Dad!)

17. Least favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Heavens, yes. I have four kids. I better be able to!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither - a big bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve, the kids all get new pajamas and a book. Then we read all of their new books to them before bed. The rest of the presents have to wait until Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Too many parties. I just want to spend time with my kids and make goodies.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have several ornaments that I love. My mom has given us ornaments every year, and I love them all.

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Either a turkey dinner or Yummy potatoes, little smokies (not for me, but the kids love them), homemade French bread, veggies, crackers, etc. Now I'm hungry.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nuttin'!

I would love to see the answers on this tag for Mom, Tai, Ashley, and Brooke. Have fun!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

White Christmas is CLASSIC! Love it! And I can't stand Santa Baby either they keep playing it on our nonstop Christmas Station and I'm thinking I wonder what my kids think she is singing about????

Cabbage Patch Dolls Rocked! I still have "Maria," (named after Maria from Sound of Music).

Love ya! Ditto on the Parties! No time to slow down!

Tai said...

Fun tag Hilary, way to go!! Do I have time for this tag? Nope but you don't either and you got it done so maybe I will try and keep up!! You amaze me...

Company EIGHT said...

This was so fun to read! I'm with you on the eggnog thing for sure---YUCK! And White Christmas? One of my faves for sure. Have you seen Meet Me in St. Louis?

Andrea said...

Welcome back! I took a breath this month....and zooom (!) half of the month is over! I can't believe it.

I have not been keeping up with blogging at all-but I do them in my head. This jumbles up with the lists of things in my head, thus creating more written lists. I thought you would understand :).

I hope that your holiday is a blessed one. I love the new picture of your gorgeous kids.