Monday, December 1, 2008

Too Busy To Blog

WOWZERS, it has been a long time since I have blogged. We have been super busy the past week (as I'm sure everyone has!) So here is our little update. (I apologize for the million pictures.)

Last Sunday, Hayden was pouring over the ads after church. He was so cute. He got so excited every time he saw anything "Cars" and just kept looking at the ads over and over again. It was so fun to watch.




Tuesday was Lana's preschool program. I love the Thanksgiving program. Her sweet teacher has them all dress up as Pilgrims or Indians and they look adorable. Here is our cute little Pilgrim eating after the program.



Wednesday was pie day. It is tradition that I make apple pies with my girls the day before Thanksgiving. Of course, I flaked on the pictures. But trust me, we had fun! We made traditional apple pies and Dutch apple pies. YUMMY! Then on the morning of Thanksgiving we make chocolate pies. Those are just better fresh.

Thanksgiving Day was lots of fun. We had dinner with my dad's side of the family at my parents' church house. There were so many people there, and we had so much fun seeing all of them. My dad comes from a family of eight kids and all were there but two. (We missed you tons, Carol and Jim!) It is always fun to catch up with family that we don't see often enough. The food was great and the company was great. Thank you, Mom and Dad, for hosting all of us. We appreciate your hard work!


My dad being a good sport playing with Hayden.


The ever-funny, crazy golf-lovin' uncle Bryan. Lana is always so excited when she gets to see him.

Rylee loves my uncle, Bill. Here she is talking to him and his daughter, Alyssa. I grew up with this uncle coming to visit and calling me a little frog all the time. Now I guess I am the Big Frog, and Rylee is the Little Frog. It is so weird how fast time flies.


And this is my uncle Bill's wife Lori and in the background is my other sweet aunt April (my dad's sister.) I LOVE these ladies. They are always so fun to talk to and make me feel like a million bucks when I am around them.


Rylee and my mom having a tender little picture moment. Thanks for posing!:)

Here is a fun little group chatting. My sister, Brooke and her husband Andy, my dad's sister Donna, and my sister Tai.


This is the best I could get of April. She didn't seem to want me to take her picture. I have no idea why. The girl is beautiful!!!

Kate ran around the gymnasium most of the time and chased basketballs. She LOVED it! Bill finally caught her to pose for a picture with my brother, Jordan.

And here are me, Jordan, and Rylee. We don't see nearly enough of Jordan. He is going to school and apparently he only likes to come visit when there is food. I guess I will have to bribe him with more food. We love you, dude!:)

Here are the kids in their favorite spot in the church - on the stage! What kid doesn't love running around on the stage as they give their parents heart attacks because they get so close to the edge?! Hayden and Brielle were inseparable, as always.

This is another one of my dad's sisters and her husband, Bonny and Adam. I have such a soft spot for all of my dad's family. They have always been so good to me and I love them all so much. I feel very blessed to have such amazing aunts, uncles and cousins. I wish I could have written about and included a picture of everyone who was there.

And last, but not least, a picture of my amazing grandma with my sister, Brooke. I love these two so much and think the world of both of them. I wish I could spend more time with both of them.

Friday, after we stuffed ourselves silly, we had to work it off. Bill got up and hit the doorbusters at 4:30 that morning and as soon as he got home we started putting up the Christmas tree and other decorations.

Bill was handing out ornaments to the kids left and right as he was trying to take work phone calls. Poor guy.

The kids all got into the fun. The tree went up really fast this year with three extra little sets of hands helping.

Hayden thought this was all so fun, and he kept looking at the tree saying, "It's so beautiful." He is such a sweetheart. And we have only had two ornaments get broken so far. :)
When we were all finished decorating, the main area of our house looked like this:

I know, it looks like the Christmas freak came to town, but Christmas is my favorite time of year to decorate for.

And just for kicks - a picture of our "confused flower." Hello, it is December 1st, and this bulb is blooming. But, hey, it's red. Maybe it is just showing it's enthusiasm for Christmas. I can't bring myself to cut it down the way I have done with the other bulbs.
Last night, to get in the real Christmas/Winter spirit, we pulled out the Cocomotion and had hot chocolate with marshmallows and candy canes. The kids loved it!



Okay, Kate wasn't a big fan, but she always loves a cookie (and a nice bath afterwards!)

12 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

I've missed you girl! Glad you're back! It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving, and so much fun to be with your family!

Anonymous said...

Whew! Your week sounded about as busy as ours. :) This time of year is always so fun, but busy! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Time w/ family is the best!

Tai said...

Hello you have been crazy busy. Your house looks so stinkin good. You obviously got the decorator gene in the family and I won't even be taking a pic of my house cause it is a crying shame compared to yours. You always do such a good job... and to top it all off... you do hot chocolate with candy canes with your kids. I am always too beat to do something fun like that. You are awesome!!

Beth said...

Is Brooke pregnant? I can't tell for sure in the pictures and would never ask her but hey I'll ask you. Plus I know that they were trying. I'm just wondering. Congrats to them if she is! If not then it's the way she's standing. :)

Jenn said...

Whoah...I feel you on being too busy or in my case too pregnant to blog. You made up for it with all your pictures though!! I LOVE the pic of Lana in the pilgrim garb. I was just remembering dressing up and having a feast in preschool and thinking how neat it is that it was so special I still remember. She will always remember that! I love it when teachers make things extra special. It is fun to see the pics of your fam and see the family resemblance!! Have a great week-it just is going to get busier this month!

Picture Perfect said...

You always out do yourself! Sounds like a ton of fun though, by the way, I love the red flower!

Larsens said...

I guess I never realized that your dad has so many siblings. I think the only one I have ever met is Bill and his wife Lori. Maybe some other ones.
Your house looks gorgeous. Can you come to my house and do the same? I need to kick it into gear.

Candace said...

What a fun/busy week you had. I can't believe Bill went out and did the shopping thing! I went out with my sisters at 5am as well. Never again! It was way to crazy!

Anonymous said...

love your decorations. We got our tree up last night. And today we'll finish decorating it.

Ashley said...

Wow you had such a busy weekend!! I am so sad that I was not able to come to the dinner on Thursday. It was my husbands parents year. So we were in Burley. My Mom was not too happy.

Dylan and I also went out on black Friday and hit up some of the great sales!! It was so crazy... but SOOO FUN!!

I am glad to see some pics of the family. My mom was telling me how much she enjoyed talking to you at the get together. It makes me feel bad that I could not come!!
I miss you Hil, and cant wait for the time where we actually get to hang out!!

Love ya Cuz!!
Oh and btw... your house looks so great with all those decorations!! LOVE IT!!

Andrea said...

I was wondering about you! You have been busy! I love seeing the pictures! Your house looks gorgeous! Can you come decorate mine?

Your family is making some great memories.....

Katherine said...

your Thanksgiving looks like you had about as many people as we did at ours. we had somwhere in the range of 65-75. it's hard to count that many people when they are all wandering around in one house. Fun to have so much family around though isn't it? That is one of the reasons I love Thanksgiving so much. Lots of family, lots of food, everyone thankful for what they have but I don't have to buy anything for anyone! I just get to enjoy being with my family.