Thursday, June 18, 2009

10 Years...

...And Counting


Tomorrow is our ten year wedding anniversary. Wow, a lot has happened since our early beginnings in our little "love cottage." Here are ten things that have changed in honor of our ten years:


~ We have moved five times.


~ We have had four little stinker kids.


~ Bill finished school and has worked at four different jobs.


~ Bill claims he is getting a little thinner on top. If he is, then that darn hair is finding its way to my face. Nice.


~ Bill continues to look just as good (or better) as the day we got married while I get a little flatter up top, saggier on bottom, and wrinklier everywhere! GROSS!


~ Bill impresses his co-workers with his skill and level head while I impress my children with my mad whoopie cushion skills and toilet cleaning abilities. (It all comes down to poop, right? Especially when you're a mom!)


~ Bill can still make me laugh, but now I make him pull his hair out (Oh, I just think I figured out the "thinning hair" issue.)


~ Our marriage has survived the BYU/Utah rivalry somehow, even though we all know BYU is really the best. ;) (Shhhh, Bill is a little sensitive about this one. He is still in denial. Poor guy.)


~ Bill has learned to like my cooking and I've learned that I like pizza night!

~ We have officially fallen off the pop-culture bandwagon. We are now the uncool, out-of-touch parents that we swore we would never become. Why can't our kids just listen to Journey and Bon Jovi, and watch reruns of The Cosby Show, for crying out loud? *sigh* I guess it's time to jump back on that bandwagon now that we have a daughter who is getting into the "cool" stuff.


I could go on for a long time, but you get the idea. Things have changed these past ten years and we've had a lot to deal with, but I still love him and am glad he has stuck these last ten years out with me. I love you, Honey! Happy Anniversary!



9 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, you really haven't changed a bit. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Jenn said...

Your 10 Year Anniversary is on Ryan's Birthday (June 19th)! And I think your Engagement Anniversary is on our Wedding Anniversary too. That is too cool. Now wonder we were meant to be friends-we share a lot of special days on the Calendar!

Ya'll look A-DORABLE!! And right on about the Cosby Show and Journey and Bon Jovi! But thumbs down on the dissing your self-your still on my top 5 Most Beautiful List EVER list. So there!

Love ya!

Dianne said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. You are a wonderful family and mean a lot to me. Bill is a great addition to the family. You have 4adorable children. They kind of like me so that makes them even more adorable! I can't believe it has been 10 years though. And, (this is the mother speaking) you are more beautiful today than you were then. Keep it up!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

Your top 10 are hilarious! I am so with you on the pop-culture wagon, and mad toilet cleaning skills. love you guys!!!

Candace said...

Happy Anniversary! You both still look as young as ever! So cute. Hope all goes well at the wedding, if you want me to watch the kids ever, so you and Bill can get away for a little while let me know! I'd be happy to help!

Claudia said...

Happy Anniversary!
You two look so cute together!

Dawn Rae said...

Happy Anniversary. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!! A whole decade. . . it's amazing how fast time flies.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!! Things have changed for you, but I bet you wouldn't change a thing......