Monday, June 8, 2009

Air Show Fun!

Yesterday afternoon, we ventured out with Jordan and Nikole to see some of the air show. We didn't want to fight the traffic or crowds with the kids, so we didn't actually go on base to watch. But we did find an AMAZING spot right next to the runway to watch the Thunderbirds.

The only thing missing was the Top Gun soundtrack. It was so loud - I LOVED it! We were close enough to watch the Thunderbirds take off down the runway, and there is nothing like the sound of those jet engines when you're sitting right there.

Lana kept asking me if they "just push a button to make it louder." Apparently it was a little loud for the kids.




Kate would turn her head into Bill's chest to try to hide from the jets and block out some of the sound. Cute girl.


She liked snuggling Uncle Jordan too.



And Hayden had fun hanging out with Nikole.





We all had a great time. Watching Thunderbirds fly overhead is always a good time!:)


Here is some video of the six of them in a formation. I can't wait for the next air show in two years!






5 comments:

Andrea said...

I've never seen a Thunderbird. It's nice that they do airshows there. I think I got burned out at RAF Mildenhall by having Tankers, Helicopters, and jets roar overhead-at all hours it seemed. It's nice and quiet here :)-well, plane-noise-wise.

Is that your new van behind you? Very cool.

Speaking of cool-is it cool there? I see long sleeves.

Company EIGHT said...

VERY cool! My husband's dad was in the Air Force, and so he loves any type of air show he can get his hands on, and so do I. I wish we had the opportunity more often.

Beth said...

Nate was mad that we had to leave a few days before the air show but we are going to see the one here in OH in a few weeks, at least him and the kids if I have the baby before it. I'm sad that we didn't get to see you guys one last time before we left. I left a message once but then got busy with the move and never got a chance to check with you again. We'll let you guys know if we ever come to visit!

Jenn said...

So cool. I don't think I've seen an Airshow since I lived in D.C. What a great experience for the kids! And you say you never do anything exciting-whatever!

So your bday and favorite holiday is coming up next month! Any cool plans!?

Tai said...

Looks like fun!! We loved the air show I wish we could have hooked up on Saturday!! My kids missed your kids.