Friday, June 5, 2009

Summertime Is Officially Here Again...

Today was the last day of school - YAY! I love it when the kids are out of school for the summer.

Check out what Rylee looked like on the first day of school:


And today, on the last day of school:

She's changed so much this year and is such a sweetheart. She seems to be growing up on me so quickly. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening because it is really freaking me out!?

Rylee has been asking me for weeks if she could have a little end-of-the-year party. I wasn't going to let her because I honestly didn't feel like planning an official "party." But since Lana got to have a little party the night of her preschool graduation, I thought it was only fair to let Rylee invite some friends over to play to somewhat celebrate the end of the school year.

It wasn't an official party, but the girls had lots of fun either way. We made cupcakes and had ice cream with them. They ran and played and giggled for seven hours straight. I wish I could absorb some of their energy!


They were even nice enough to let Lana in on the fun!

We all enjoyed going outside and enjoying the beautiful day. It was SO nice today. It wasn't too hot, it was a little overcast, and there was a nice breeze (until it got really windy later!)

We watched the Thunderbirds practice for the airshow tomorrow. I always get giddy every time they do an airshow and the Thunderbirds fly right by our house. Hayden and Kate FREAKED out the first time they buzzed our house, but by the end of their little practice I had those two cheering for them! I didn't get ANYTHING done while they were flying overhead. I just stared and stared and stared... Hopefully I will have better pictures tomorrow from the airshow!

We decided to just stay outside and let dinner come to us! :) Bill brought home pizzas and we had a pizza party outside.

The girls are very good multi-taskers. They can play and eat pizza at the same time. :)



Lana and Hayden stayed sitting down to eat and still ended up wearing more of their pizza than the girls who were playing while they ate. Go figure.

I'm so excited to kick off the summer! It's so nice to have all of the kids around and to do all of the fun, summery things together. I look forward to all of the celebrations during the summer, the BBQs with friends and family, the fireworks, the patriotism, the water fights, and the evening walks. Oh, and the extra sleep isn't horrible either! ;)

7 comments:

Dianne said...

It really was fitting to be able to see the Thunderbirds out practicing on the last day of school and the beginning of summer vacation and hopefully sleepovers at grandmas house. The jets flying overhead is awesome!!!!!I can't believe all the crazy things they can do.

Candace said...

Fun! Yeah for summer! I love pretty much all the things you listed as well. Love the summer BBQ's those are the best!

Tai said...

You are such a good mom!! I hope we get to see you tomorrow at the air show!!

Nicole said...

I've always wanted to go to the airshow. I'll have to take the kids when they get a little bit older. It would be so much fun!

Company EIGHT said...

I can't believe it's the end of school already--it really seems like yesterday that you posted her first day of school pic the first time! We still have another week, and I'm jealous you guys are done!
What a fun end-of-the-year party--you are a great mom!

Curtis and Jen said...

Sounds like Rylee had a fun party! She has grown so much in a year. That's cool you got to see the Thunderbirds in action. They came to my work the other day. I will have to see them the next time the have a show.

Andrea said...

Rylee is just gorgeous! I am envious this Monday am that you get to sleep in and we are still having a last week of school.

I love how you just go with the flow and have the parties/get together's.

What a great mom you are!!!