Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Saturday In The Park

My parents were nice enough to watch the kids on Saturday while Bill and I went out for a while, and it was SO nice to get away for a bit. We don't go out a lot, so when we do we enjoy every minute.

We had to run to the grocery store for a few groceries and to the bread store for, well, bread. I know, that doesn't sound like much fun. It was so nice though! Do you know how wonderful it was to go to the store without four kids all asking for different things? It was great! Then we moved on to the really fun part of the date...

Saturday was a nice, sunny day outside. It was still a little cold, but I have been dying to get outside. We decided to take advantage of the nice day and try rollerblading. You have to understand that Bill and I both have our own roller blades, but they haven't been used since before we had Rylee. I was nervous to look like an idiot, but I really wanted to get out and do something active, so rollerblading it was.

I have to admit, we did pretty good. We looked like dorks getting out of the car and finding our balance for a minute, but we finally made it to the path where we would test our forgotten skills.


I promise I really didn't look like this and I didn't fall even once. I was joking with Bill because he had the camera and was trying to get a picture, and I said, "Watch, my luck, you will take a picture of me going like this..." Then I flung my arms all over like I was going to fall over, and "Click." He took the picture. Stinker.


After that picture, I grabbed the camera from Bill and took a picture of both of us. Then he started off again...


Since he took a silly picture of me, I figured he deserves a butt shot on my blog.:)

We had a lot of fun rollerblading, and we want to start picking it up again. It's so fun to go and enjoy the outdoors, do something active, and not act like parents.

After our rollerblading antics we had to become parents again and go pick up our kids. They were having way too much fun with Grandma and Grandpa to even notice we were gone.


Kate loved going downstairs with Grandpa to "rock-a-rock" in the little rocking chair. She had to move the little chair over closer to the big rocking chair so she could be "by you." She loves her grandpa.


Rylee had fun practicing the hula hoop. It's always fun when Grandma is there to be so excited for her accomplishments.


Lana even started to get the hang of it a little bit.


Hayden is my boy that loves to play with videos and DVDs and play with remote controls. So my poor parents had to deal with that fun hobby of his. He will sit and watch a video for a few minutes and then get up to change it to a different one. It makes me nuts! But my parents are patient with him and don't seem to be as annoyed with it as I get.


The kids all love time with my mom and love to snuggle with her. She is so good with the kids and it is so nice to be able to leave them and not worry about them.


Just before we left, my dad had Hayden laughing so hard. Hayden had so much fun that we had a massive fit on our hands when it was time to leave. Maybe my parents need to stop being so good to the kids so they want to come home with us! :)

Thanks again, Mom and Dad, for watching the kids. We had a lot of fun and it was so nice to get away for a few hours.

7 comments:

Katherine said...

what a fun date. I don't think I could get Mike to put those on his feet for a date. I tried it with Harrisen a few weeks ago (first time ever) and I didn't even fall, but I wasn't all that steady either lol.

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so glad you had such a great date! It looks like you had a great time--and it's something we would definitely enjoy. Yay for grandparents--they are wonderful!

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so glad you had such a great date! It looks like you had a great time--and it's something we would definitely enjoy. Yay for grandparents--they are wonderful!

Jenn said...

Another reason I LOVE YOU-you love skating too!! What a FUN DATE and how cute is that DARLING picture of you and your MAN! You should put that picture on your sidebar! Love ya! One more week until our monthly phone date!!

Tai said...

Glad you got to get away for a little bit!! Looks like you guys had fun!

Larsens said...

That's so great that you got to go out just two of you. I highly recommend a once a week date with your hubby. I know what you are thinking now:"Impossible". But later on when the kids are little older and Rylee can babysit, it is one of those things that you will look forward to all week. I highly, highly recommend it.

Curtis and Jen said...

I could never seem to figure out how to stop on rollerblades, so I avoid them like I try to avoid the emergency room!