Saturday, March 21, 2009

Translation Please

The first time I heard Lana's new word was a couple of nights ago. She went and sat in the rocking chair and said, "Rylee come sit in the CHARLIE GOOG." (To clarify the pronunciation of the word Charlie: She says it like she is English. It makes it even funnier.)

What the heck? Where did she get that? I asked her and she said she didn't know. That word has been popping up a lot around our house.

The other word we have been hearing is, "Hoodie Doodie." Again, what the heck?

Tonight while I was talking to the girls I decided to ask for some clarification. I asked Lana, "What does Hoodie Doodie mean?" She replied, "Charlie Goog."

Thank you for clearing that up.

If you listen to her talk, it sounds like Charlie Goog is now an interchangeable noun. You just replace any noun with Charlie Goog. Will you please go get the Charlie Goog? Come sit down in the Carlie Goog. Would you like to eat a Charlie Goog?

Hoodie Doodie seems to be the new name for everyone - unless you are Rylee. For some reason Lana hates it when Rylee tries to claim that name.

Oh, and don't tell her you read this. She is rather embarrassed that I am blogging it. I joked with her that her preschool teacher may read this and say, "Hoodie Doodie, will you please sit down on the Charlie Goog," on Tuesday at school. She said, "Mom don't do that. I would be embarrassed."

Serves her right for making up such a catchy little language. It will be shared!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Hoodie Doodie want to come to my Charlie Goog and do some crafts? I'll even fix some Hoodie doodie's for a treat. LOL I just love that girl!

Jenn said...

I can hear her saying that! That is so funny. What a sweet girl. Oh and I will try again to call you Tuesday!!! I'll try not to sleep through another PHONE DATE! LOVE YA!

Dianne said...

What the heck? That is sooooo cute. Do you remember Shanina? You have to remember this forever. How do I get to hear her say these words? Charlie Goog? Hoodie Doodie? It's Howdie Doodie time, it's Howdie Doodie time...

Sara Jennings said...

Hoodie Doodie and Cha'lie goog, huh?? I do believe I will have to start using those! And when people ask me for clarification, they will be getting the same answer Lana gave! haha! Oh, and I would LOVE taking your kids out and taking pictures like that! I was surprised how much fun we had running around Salt Lake with that frame! I'm sure we'd have fun... hmm... One day! :) Maybe when school gets out!

Tai said...

Funny Girl!!

Curtis and Jen said...

I am sure she picked it up from her mommy when she was a baby. Who knows what comes out of our mouth when we have baby talk conversations with the little one.

Picture Perfect said...

That is great! She's so cute!