Friday, March 6, 2009

Somebody Turned the Big 3-0!!!

Yesterday was Bill's birthday. He is finally catching up to me in the age department! I really didn't appreciate being the only one of us who had hit 30. Misery loves company, and now I have it!:)

Not only was it a milestone for Bill, but it was a milestone for US as well. It was ten years ago that Bill proposed. I had planned on going to visit him after school to take him his birthday gifts and he surprised ME with a nice lunch that he had made instead of letting me take HIM to lunch. For his birthday, he had wanted some new church clothes, so that's what I got him. He had a new shirt, tie, slacks, and shoes. So after we ate lunch, he told me he wanted to go change into them to try them on, and I told him to come let me see how they looked after he tried them on. He came down and looked so nice and was shaking so bad. Poor guy. I'm one scary chick! Anyway, he ended up pulling the ring out of his pocket, getting down on one knee, and proposing. Now there's a birthday gift that keeps on giving. ;) Poor guy.

Okay, back to his birthday yesterday. I always tease Bill that I am going to broaden his wardrobe colors. He likes white and blue the most. He DOES look good in both colors, but I keep trying to sneak in other colors once in a while. Last year, remember his sexy shirt from this post? It was a nice celery green. I LOVE this shirt! So this year, I snuck in a little purple! It is a very subtle purple though. It almost looks light blue from far away. Here is sexy shirt #2!




Doesn't he look awesome!? The jeans are new as well. It's always fun to have a new outfit to wear on your birthday!



Last night, my mom came over for cake and ice cream. It ended up being a wrestling match to keep two little kids' fingers out of the cake! Hurry, Honey, blow out the candles quick before Hayden touches the candles! Notice what a nice wife I am. I didn't make him blow out thirty candles - just the number candles.



My mom apparently wanted a little lick of the frosting as well!:) Okay, she was really pointing to a place that Kate had stuck her fingers in and got a little lick.




These pictures crack me up because the kids can't wait to get the candles out to lick the frosting off of them. Check out Hayden's face. He looks like he just wants a lick so bad...



It looks like Rylee is going to get a candle! Kate is thinking about just going right for the cake, and Hayden is looking longingly at the frosting as well. Lana just looks out of it. :)



Oh, poor Hayden. Look at him! In the next two pictures, he is watching Rylee and Lana lick frosting off the candles, sharing it with Kate, and then licking some more. His little tongue is just hanging out in hopes for a big lick!


Poor little Hayden. Still no frosting. Don't worry. He did eventually get his frosting fix. Those pictures just made me laugh!



Okay, the rest of this post is going to be more for Bill and for our family history than for anyone else. But feel free to read if you would like. In honor of Bill's 30th birthday, here is a list of 30 reasons why I love Bill.

1. He is so patient with me.
2. He has good taste in clothes and always looks nice.
3. He is thoughtful.
4. He is a hard worker.
5. He has an AWESOME sense of humor and can always make me laugh.
6. He is very loyal.
7. He is quick to apologize - something I could take a lesson in!
8. He always puts my needs and the needs of our family above his own.
9. He is very calm - not too much gets him riled up.
10. He is an INCREDIBLE dad. The kids all adore him.
11. He makes me feel safe when I'm with him.
12. He's not high maintenance - he's happy to just spend time at home with our family.
13. He is always scratching my back or playing with my hair. I LOVE it!
14. He is always optimistic.
15. He gets up with the kids in the middle of the night and is so sweet with them. He just has a way of being able to get them back to sleep quickly in a way that I can't. Must be that calm personality he has.
16. He goes grocery shopping!
17. He is good to my family and treats them like they are HIS family.
18. He has such a pure, good heart. I don't think he could intentionally hurt someone if he tried.
19. He is a blast to go play racquetball (or any other sport) with. We love playing racquetball together, and that is something we really need to try to do on a regular basis!
20. He is firm and steady in leading our family in the right direction.
21. He is determined. He makes goals and accomplishes them. I don't think he knows how to give up or fail.
22. He is good at what he does. He has a way of managing people that is non-threatening and he earns their respect without demeaning anyone. He has respect for everyone he encounters in the workplace.
23. He still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks into the room. I love that I am still so attracted to him.
24. He calls me a few times every day to check on me and ask if I need anything.
25. He always comes home from work and jumps right into helping me with the kids. He always talks to the kids about their day, helps them with homework, gives them baths, helps clean up, and helps me put them to bed.
26. He loves and appreciates and notices everything I do for him - even the small things like making his lunches for work, sending him emails, making him his favorite treat, etc.
27. He is so nice to snuggle up to and he always smells so YUMMY!
28. He will sit and watch chick flicks with me and not complain at all.
29. He compliments the crafty things I attempt (even though I'm NOT crafty at all) and is excited for my accomplishments.
30. He has stuck with me through thick and thin and he still loves me!

Happy Birthday, Honey! I love you!



6 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! That is an AMAZING LIST! He should feel AWESOME after reading that!! I didn't know you were the "Older Woman." I love it!

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blog and talk about birthdays!! My goodness y'all have been one busy family with lots of celebrating and lots of cake! :) Bet the kids love that! :) Happy B-day to everyone!! I didn't know you were the older woman either... you would have never known. :)

Company EIGHT said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration, and an adorable family!

Picture Perfect said...

I'm loving those "Hayden Pics!" Sounds like it was a great day. You sure know how to make everyone have a good time! And it sounds like you married the perfect man!

Larsens said...

Happy Birthday, Bill, big 30!

For Rod's birthday I gave him a pan full of his favorite brownies. Nothing else. Good for you for outfitting your hubby once again. He looks great in his new sexy shirt. Can't wait to see it in person.

What a great guy Bill is.

Andrea said...

Wow! That is quite a list! Fantastic.

Happy birthday (belated). I'm so glad that you two had some non-parent time. It reminds you why you got married in the first place!