Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fireballs, Entrapment, and Teddy Bears

The other day Hayden wanted to eat a fireball. I told him they were hot and tried to take it from him, but he was persistent and REALLY wanted that thing. (Don't mind the "Captain Underpants" pictures again - what a phase!) So like a good mommy, I let him have the fireball and waited with a camera! In goes the fireball...



Life is good. "See, Mom, I love this stuff. You don't know anything." And so I wait with the camera...


Two seconds later he is saying,"It's HOT," and pulling it out of his mouth to give it back to me. See, moms are worth listening to sometimes!

Then, yesterday morning, I was trying to take a shower and so I asked Rylee to keep an eye on Kate and Hayden for me. Hayden was laying on the floor with his pillow and blanket, like he does every morning. For some reason, this means Kate needs to crawl over and attack his head. My daughter, the very creative and resourceful one, came up with a solution to keep Kate away from Hayden in order to keep the peace. When I got out of the shower this is what I found:


Rylee got a laundry basket and put two pillows in it from the couch for Kate to be nice and comfy and then put a blanket over her with toys and a binkie. Looks like Kate is having fun, so I won't complain about the solution. Laundry baskets are great to trap your baby sister in!!! Just make it fun and she won't realize you did it to trap her!:)


And this post wouldn't be fair (I have a little Rylee who likes to read our blog) if I didn't include cute pictures of Rylee and Lana...


Rylee ready for school and looking lovely. You should see her in this dress. She dances around in it like crazy. She picks up the skirt and dances like a "can-can" girl. Know what I mean? It is funny. It was tempting to video her dancing in it and dub the song "I Feel Pretty" onto it. Seriously, such a girlie girl!

And today was Teddy Bear day at pre-school for Lana. So she had to get some pictures taken with her teddy bear before school!



Makes me want to snuggle the cutie with her bear and just take a nap...

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Your kids are just so funny and cute-even the fire ball stained stinker ones.

Heading to bed-before midnight! Yay for me :)

Anonymous said...

Could your kids be any cuter?!!

Larsens said...

Love this post. Rylee is very inventive. Hayden is a crack-up with his underwear outside of his pajamas. Rylee and Lana are beautiful as ever. And Kate looks comfy in her new "basket".

Katherine said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, your kids have the greatest personalities. we need to get them togeather with little h again soon.

Angie said...

I love the entrapment idea! I'm thinking of using it on Owen when I need to get something done. I should call your girls to get their advice!

Jenn said...

I just got caught up on your pictures-First all of YOU LOOKED AMAZING with your black dress and RED NECKLACE-I'm rushing to the store first thing to get a red neclace to go with my black dresses-IT LOOKS AWESOME! Secondly it sounds like you had the best Mother's Day Ever! You deserve it Hil!

Also go Rylee! Kate looks so "dang cute," as you would word it!!

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!
Love Ya! Have a Fabulous Week!