Friday, May 2, 2008

Bows, Bows, and More Bows!

Blackeyedsue had a little "bow party" at her house the other day to teach a few of us in our ward how to make hair bows. I have been looking forward to learning this little craft for a while now. We had so much fun talking and, yes, we did get some bows made! We did talk and get something accomplished at the same time!






I show you the following picture not to show of any sort of "skill" that I have because I am still practicing. My first few bows are not the prettiest. But I do show this picture to show that I am now officially going to have to join the "hair bows anonymous" support group as I have become addicted. That is okay, though. I will just drop into their meetings when I take Rylee to her "Spongebob Anonymous" group. They are just down the hall from each other. Seriously, though, this is what I got done yesterday. Nope, didn't cook, didn't clean much, I let the laundry just sit there undone, and I just warmed up leftover pizza for lunch for the kids. That's all - no vegetables or anything else with it (well, except for Ranch to dip their pizza in - so healthy, I know!) I just wanted to make bows. And guess what I will probably be doing today?! You got it!

Thanks, Blackeyedsue, for a fun morning of bow-making and for opening up your home to all of these women and our four thousand kids we brought! But most of all, thank you for helping making this world a prettier place by teaching us the art of "bow-making!" You rock!

7 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

Okay, off to hop on the treadmill after seeing those pictures. BLECH!

But it was super fun and I loved hanging with my peeps!

Larsens said...

Beautiful bows. You are a great talent. Isn't it nice to get together every once in awhile and accomplish something so beautiful and useful.

Jenn said...

I love Bows! We have Bow/Beading parties like every month down here. Thank goodness for talented friends to teach us all these things....Now here's the QUESTION: What do we make BOYS??? I feel bad always bringing home all these things that I've made Alyssa?? Cookies???

Way to go Hil! Isn't it ADDICTING?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, bow making is addicting!! I think there's a few ladies down here who could join you in the BA (bows annonymous) meetings...me included. :) Great job by the way! You made some awesome bows!

Amy said...

Good job on the bows! They look wonderful.

Andrea said...

They look fab! I'm amazed at the skill. I have been guilty of paying waaayyy too much for some on the internet-ugh. I only have one "bow-wearer" now, the other one will only wear headbands... :(

Anonymous said...

Dang. How come I always miss all the fun? I want to make bows at blackeyedsue's house.

Your bows turned out so cute. Your girls will look so darling in them.