Friday, May 9, 2008

Fun Things I Don't Want To Forget...

My kids have been making me laugh the last couple of days. You know when they just go through a funny couple of days and they are so sweet and funny? (Usually that is just so you don't want to beat them when they are stinkers the next couple of days:)


Well, this week my kids are on a good streak. We were watching American Idol the other night, and of course we are rooting for David Archuleta since he is from the area (and Rylee is definitely a fan because she has a little crush on him.) Just a little note for those of you who don't watch American Idol: There are two Davids on the show - David Archuleta and David Cook. We like them both. Back to the story...Rylee had just taken a bath and she came out asking me, "Is David Enchilada or David Cookie up next?" Silly girl. Do we like food in our house? Um, YES!!! I love her quick wit!


Kate is also being pretty fun. She is going through the phase where all we have to do is say, "YAY KATE," and she claps her hands. We have a trained puppy! And she gets so excited when she is ready to eat (she gets that from her dad -Hehe) and she is starting to do the silly giggle when something really strikes her funny bone. She has also discovered a new favorite spot to "perch" in our house. The first few times I caught her there, I about had a heart attack. Now I know she is just "perching" there and that she won't fall.

She reaches farther and farther down and leans over more, and then looks up at me like, "Ha! Scared ya, didn't I!" She is so fun!

Then we have Lana who is always giggling and the other night when she started to say family prayer, she started with "One, two, three" instead of the proper beginning to a prayer. Silly girl. And when she was trying to say something she loved about me she just kept giggling and said, "I loved it today when Mom...Uh...giggle some more...Uh, Spit it out Lana...giggle some more....I love it when she....Uh...She has weally pwetty eyes." What a ham! She definitely listens to me because she told herself to "spit it out." I say that to the kids all the time when they are distracted and stuttering while they talk to me. Am I mean?

Then we have the Hayden Buddy. Wow, he is turning into SUCH A BOY! He is always climbing on the counter to get out the Elmo band-aids, he colors on everything, he tries to escape to run outside any time he can, and he is getting so hard to keep up with! But it is so sweet when I am doing laundry and he comes in like a little Linus, dragging his blankie behind him saying, "Warm!" He loves it when he can put his blanket in the dryer and get it warm and then snuggle with me. I love that! He snuggles with me more than any of my other kids have. It makes up for the mischief.

And one more thing...As we speak, Lana has a little friend from the ward over here and they are trying to play hide and seek with ice. I guess I know when I have found the ice when I step in water, eh!?

See, the fun stuff you get to enjoy when you are a mom! Really, this Mother's Day, I am glad I get to be a mom of these fun little stinkers! I am so grateful to be a part of all of these silly little things they do. I LOVE IT!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Your kids are so sweet! They really will enjoy these fun memories you have of them, later in life.

Jenn said...

So cute... She seems very advanced.....

Andrea said...

It is nice that you are documenting them this way. I think I saw on someone's blog that you can have your blog published? Voila! Instant scrapbook!

I can't tell what Kate is perching on...a step? More info, please!

Our funny incident here: The one-year-old is sitting in the middle of the living room in the Elmo potty seat (the one that sits on the toilet so little bums don't slide in. I think he should give his three-year-old brother some pointers. I bet they will be potty trained at the same time, at the rate we are going!

OMGosh-there is something, like, a 10 letter verification to post this comment---I hope I can replicate it! ;)

Tai said...

Hilary your I just love my nieces and nephew!!! They are so fun to look at and I love to read about them. Happy Mothers Day!!! I look up to you and think you are such a great mom!! Even through life's crazy times, what better thing can you teach your kids than what you teach them everyday? You serve people more than anyone I have ever met!!! Stop serving them and serve yourself!! You make me look bad!! But seriously thanks for all you do!! Kenz loved the bows you made and also her present. You guys are the best. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable kids you have with such fun personalities! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! You deserve it!

Andrea said...

Hey! You visited while I was online-but I missed you :)

I totally could see your previous point. I would like to get away and not be a mom for a few days. I am looking at tickets now, but I will probably take some with me so they can visit their friends in England (for $35-40!!). See? I can pawn them off! Brillant thinking.

My younger two are constantly planning and getting into stuff. This is a pretty new activity, and it's driving me crazy!! It makes for some ugly mommy yelling and anger. I know they are having fun, but I am tired of picking up paper goods.

Your little stinker is so cute, I bet he can smile and get away with it :)

Larsens said...

You have such fun kids. We just love them. Can't wait to see you next time.

Blackeyedsue said...

Your kids just crack me up! I love that I am able to hear about their antics on a daily basis. I am so lucky to know you!!!

I love your kids and your stairs. Have I ever told you that?