Thursday, May 22, 2008

Who Are These Kids?

***Who is this kid, and where is her mother?

Oh, oops, that would be my kid. And I admittedly had not been watching her. I was cutting Bill's hair and she got bored sitting in her seat, so Hayden helped her out and gave her a cupcake. She is obviously entertained now! How could I get mad at this? She is tasting her first cupcake, so all I could do was take a picture!

***But who is this, and where is his mother? Does he think he is Tarzan, or maybe Spiderman? (Or just a two year old boy?)



Oh, it's my "Walmart - ad - reading - leg - hanging -off - the - counter - Hayden!" And his mother is taking a picture! He now likes to look at ads this way. He usually has his legs completely hanging off the counter while he just chills out looking at ads. Silly boy!

***So, then who is this kid?


Oh, again, that would be one of mine. That is my pirate, Rylee. Her class at school did an opera (they work on it all year and write the whole thing from scratch) and she was a pirate. So cute! She thought she was big stuff with the big gold hoop earrings. Now she thinks I am a big, mean, pirate mama for stealing them from her because she can't have "dangly" earrings until she is a bit older. I think I might have a daughter who runs off with the pirates just so she can wear big earrings.

***Then we have the kid who I know, but can hardly believe she is getting so big...


We went to her end of year pre-school program this morning, and I can't believe how big she is! My little Lana was singing the songs and being so big in the program. Thank goodness she has one more year before she goes into Kindergarten, but I know the time will fly!

I know that these two darling girls aren't both mine, but it is crazy to me to think that when those girls first "met" they were just babies (6 and 9 months old) and now they are best buddies and have gone through a year of pre-school already. Before I can blink, we will probably have the same shot - only they will be in caps and gowns at their high school graduation. I hope they always stay best buddies!


And...A BIG THANK YOU to her wonderful pre-school teacher for making her first school experience such a fantastic one! Lana LOVES to go to school because of this wonderful teacher. I don't know what we would do without her. She is so kind and patient and sweet and loving to all of the kids in her class, and we are so excited that Lana gets to spend another year with her. What a great way to prepare for Kindergarten! Thank you again for an awesome year! Lana LOVES you, and for that so do Bill and I! You are amazing!

8 comments:

Katherine said...

Those pictures are so adorable! It makes me wish little H wasn't a pre-school dropout. I loved having him in that class. Oh well,we'll try again next year.

Seriously though your kids are sooo cute. and Rylee did great in her opera. She was the cutest pirate up there.

Amy said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the cupcake picture!

Our kid's preschool teacher does such a great job. My Peach is really going to miss her as she goes on to kindergarten.

Blackeyedsue said...

The cupcake thing...she is just practicing for when she turns one.

Hayden is a bargin shopper.

Your pirate is such a good little actor.

And I love that Miss Lana is my dd's bff! How cute would that be to have them in graduation caps and gowns.

Who else's kids would be that wonderful? You silly.

Angie said...

I would be proud to call those darling kids my own!! As I know you are too. No big hoop earing yet huh... such a tough mom!!!

Tai said...

Can I say I hope we get to come to her 1st b-day party? Kate is a crack up!! How sweet is that? What a big helper Hayden is, you should have him babysit!! They would have entertainment for hours!! Doesn't it freak you out when they hang off the counter? Oh-well, you can't lock them to the floor!! Rylee looks so cute and I can understand why you won't let her have the dangly earings. She looks way too mature. Lana is so sweet!! Isn't it sad how fast they grow up!! Cute blog Hil!!

Heidi said...

What fun and wonderful kids. I love it when the older kids do something "sweet" for their younger sibs. I think they are just wishing someone was that nice to them when they were little.

I can't wait for Addie to go to preschool. It is the best preschool around.

Jenn said...

I can't read this! It is coming out YELLOW on my Screen. Obviously everyone else can but Did you change the color???? The kids look adorable as usual. That Kate...That SMILE!

Ashley said...

That part about Lana graduating with her friend just brought tears to my eyes!! Its just to sad that our children are growing up. No matter how much us parents miss some of our freedoms, and cant wait till the day our children leave the nest, we dread it at the same time. I cant wait till there is no getting a babysitter or taking the kids to grandma's for the weekend, but time is just going by too fast!! I always wondered how I would be able to love another child as much as I love Parker (you know if I get to have another one) but When I read your blog I can see how it is possible. Every child is so different and cute in their own way. You do a great job showing off each and everyone of your kids. They are so lucky to have such a good Mom!! Love ya Hil