Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Candy Firecrackers!

Okay, today for our Fourth of July activity we made the little firecrackers that I described in the previous post! So fun! You can use blue or red cups - either one works. But I really do prefer blue ones - it contrasts with the licorice well. But, hey, the store had red, so I take what I get because I am not wasting more gas driving all over looking for blue cups! Anyway, I let the kids each put their own candy in their cups and they thought that was great because they each picked out their favorites and loaded it up! And here are the girls' finished products:






Sorry. I hope you can see them well enough to see how to make them. Then if you make them for the sisters you visit teach it is fun to make a cute patriotic tag to go on them! Anyways, happy Fourth!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Thanks for posting a pic for me...I am a visual learner...what can I say. :) They are ADORABLE!! I'm going to have to borrow your idea! Thanks!

Larsens said...

Those are great! I'm going visiting teaching tomorrow, so I think I might attempt these, or the other option is to take a bag of macadamia nuts covered with coconut and chocolate that I brought back from Maui. Hmmm....tough choice.

Angie said...

SO CUTE! I am totally stealing this idea for my friends this year and taking all the credit... ok, I'll give you the credit!

Jenn said...

Okay so I am waiting for the Launch of the Holidays By Hil Blog because you have the CUTEST IDEAS! Like the Saint Patrick's one and now this! LOVE IT! And they look so cute with their creations.

Andrea said...

Oh no! I missed e-mailing Jaimie to see if she will let me be on "The List". I didn't get back on the computer in time-will she still let me? I just like reading about Houston-and seeing fashionable girls......

Anonymous said...

Hilary! Are you kidding me?! OF COURSE I want you to be able to have access to my blog!!! I actually did e-mail an invite to you and was wondering why you hadn't left a comment in a while...not that you have to comment, you just usually do and I love reading them. :) Anyway, then Jenn gave me your e-mail address and I realized that I typed in bilary not bilary5, so that's what you didn't get it. I'm so glad Jenn brought it to my attention. I love being able to keep in touch with you this way and am so glad that you do check out my blog and aren't totally bored with it. :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought all my supplies. :) I can't wait to make these...what an adorable & fun idea! THANKS!!

LiteralDan said...

Cool-- I wish we were that creative, cause those look fun.