Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BILL!

I am doing my Father's Day post a little early so that I can really pay attention to Bill this weekend and not spend so much time on the computer (although how could he complain about me doing a blog post about him?) But I just wanted to write about my wonderful hubby as well as my dad in honor of Father's Day. The pictures are just some random pictures that I put in of Bill with the kids just because I love them!




I asked my kids (okay the ones who can talk) what they love about their daddy. Rylee said that she loves that Bill makes funny faces and talks funny with her and her friends. I love that about him too. The girls' friends always love to be around him and he is so sweet to them. When I asked Lana she said that she loves daddy's hugs and kisses and that he wrestles with her. I love those too!:) Then the girls both chimed in with, "We love that he has pillow fights with us." So cute! He is such an awesome daddy! My kids are so lucky to have him and I am so glad that Hayden has such an amazing man to look to for an example of a wonderful husband and father. My kids can all learn so many good things from Bill.


I feel so blessed this Father's Day to be able to say that Bill is the father of our four kids and that he still loves me and treats me better than I ever expected to be treated in a marriage. He is truly the most unselfish, sensitive, sweet, kind, patient, giving, fun, hard-working, to-the-core-good, loving person I have ever met. He always has the best interest of his family at the heart of all decisions he makes and takes his responsibilities as a husband and father very seriously. He always loves me and I always know that he is there through anything. I am so lucky to say that I know he is the one I am supposed to be with forever and that I look forward to forever with him. What a blessing!




I love the way he can still turn my head all the time - he doesn't even have to be all dressed up. I love that every morning before he leaves for work, I can think to myself, "Self, you have yourself a good-lookin' husband and he chose you! (Now, take a shower you stinky thing so that he doesn't gag when he gets home!" :)


I love that he still loves to hold me and that he is so affectionate with our kids as well. I love how safe and content he makes me feel when we are together. I love that he puts lotion on my feet and scratches my back and brushes my hair. I love that he is interested in our kids and what they have going and that he never misses a program or parent-teacher-conference, or other important thing for our kids. I love that he happily slaves away putting together a swing set and even lets the kids "help" without getting frustrated. He has the most amazing patience.


One of my favorite things about Bill is his sense of humor. He surprises me all the time with little comments. My kids love it too. He knows how to lighten a mood and to make us all smile.

There are so many things that I love about Bill and reasons why he deserves to be recognized this Father's Day. But the bottom line is that we all love him and appreciate him so much. And I will never forget the way he looked the first time he held each of our kids for the first time. I think those have to be some of my favorite memories of him EVER. The way he looked at each one of them and the way he still looks at them melts my heart. He is the most amazing husband and father and we love him so much. Happy Father's Day, Honey! We love you!



*************************************************************************************


And now... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!




My dad also deserves a big "Happy Father's Day!" My dad is such an amazing man, and I love the above picture because that is what my kids love about him. He loves to snuggle my kids and he treats them like gold. I love that my dad loves to take the kids to Hungry Bear pizza and let them eat tons of dessert pizza and soda. The kids always feel so special when he takes them there and that is just kind of a special "grandpa" thing to them.

I also love that my dad works so hard and is such a respected man in the business world. He is brilliant and, yet, even though he is busy at work he still takes the time to email me almost every day with a little "I love you" and "I hope you are having a good day." I love that we are email buddies! He sends me the best jokes through email and I love being able to share fun emails with him as well. This brings me to the next thing...My dad has the coolest sense of humor! He appreciates bathroom humor like I do! I love being able to joke about farts with him! So fun! We can always have a good laugh together.

My dad loves unconditionally and deeply. His concern and love for all of his family is amazing. He would do anything for any one of us and we are all so blessed to have him as our father. I love that he loves his sons-in-law and treats them with so much respect as well. They all look up to him and respect him so much.

I asked my kids what they love about my dad and Rylee said that she loves it when he talks in his funny voices (He does a great Donald Duck!) and she loves how he snuggled her during General Conference. Lana said that she loves it when grandpa snuggles with her and takes her to Hungry Bear (see, they love that place!)


We hope you have a fantastic Father's Day, Dad! We all love you and think you deserve a great day! Thank you for being my dad and for being such an amazing grandpa to my kids. We are so lucky to have you so close and I love that they have your influence and example in their lives. We love you!!!



3 comments:

Katherine said...

What a blessing to have two of the most wonderful men in your life. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to the 2 special dad's in your life!! They both sound amazing!!

Andrea said...

What a great pat on the back to your two guys! You are a very lucky girl, indeed! :)