Monday, June 2, 2008

Houston Friends

Yesterday was so much fun! When we lived in Houston we made some of the best friends (I think that is why we loved Houston so much - we met the neatest people in all of Houston) and we were able to hang out with some of them yesterday.

Jenn and Ryan flew in from Houston with their two sweet kids, Jeffery and Alyssa this weekend on their way to a family reunion. Of course we had to have a barbecue with them! So we invited some of our other friends that we also know from Houston who have since moved out here to Utah and had a fun afternoon! We wish the other couple of families we met in Houston that are now in Utah could have made it as well, but either way we had a blast!





After we ate, the kids had fun running through the sprinklers and having water fights with water guns. They loved it! Jeffery looks like he just sprayed the girls and now he realizes he is seriously outnumbered and he better run for his life!:)

Oh, no! The girls are after the adults with the squirt guns! They thought it was pretty funny to squirt those of us NOT in swimming suits! Stinkers!



The adults all hanging out in some shade. (Thank goodness for the shade from the neighbor's house! It was HOT!) Standing in the back is Ryan Hatch, sitting from left to right: Beth Howard, Bill holding Kate, Jenn Hatch, and Nate Howard, who enjoyed sun bathing when he wasn't participating in all the "water fun!" :)




This was the best news of the evening: Hayden fell asleep! Holy crap, the kid was a bear! I was so excited when he finally stopped whining at me and fell asleep. Then I was able to go enjoy the evening!




Jenn holding Kate outside while I was dealing with Hayden. Kate LOVED Jenn! And apparently Kate has already learned to stick her tongue out at the camera!




Beth, Jenn, Kate and I all enjoying some "girl talk" out in the shade. (Kate learned a thing or two:)) What a nice night!




Jenn and Ryan with Kate. Kate got real comfy on Ryan's lap and it was so sweet. Ryan is darling with babies and Kate was so content with him for quite a while. This means free hands for me! Always a good thing! Don't these two look cute with Kate? More kids, Jenn? :)




Beth and Nate and their little boy. We were all getting cozy in front of the T.V. for a movie after the afternoon in the hot sun. Before I took this picture, Beth was sitting about as far away from Nate as she could, but decided to "pretend" that she likes her husband for the picture!:) They are so much fun!


Okay, all of us came in the house but these three girls. They LOVED playing together outside. From left to right: Zoe (Nate and Beth's daughter), Lana, and Alyssa (Jenn and Ryan's daughter.) Look at those happy little faces!

And Ryan is STILL holding Kate. She kept slumping down into that position. She would not sit up straight for anything. My kids loved Jenn and Ryan so much that I think we should have sent them all to Idaho for their family reunion for the week. Come on, Jenn, you know you want to take six kids to Idaho for your family reunion! You could say, "Surprise! We adopted four kids. This is our new family news!" That would be great, don't you think?

I put this picture on here because I just think it is a great shot of Jenn and Ryan. I love Jenn's smile - it is SO HER! She is amazing and is always so happy and positive and I wish I were more like her. I am so lucky she is my friend and I love her to pieces! I really wish she lived closer! And I love the way Ryan is looking at his sweet wife. Thank you, Ryan, for being so fun with my kids and for taking time to come and visit. We loved having you all here and can't wait to see you again!

4 comments:

Larsens said...

Sounds like a wonderful party with old friends.

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm glad that you had a great weekend with friends! It can't get much better than that.

I can't believe that it's hot enough to play outside in the water there!?! I thought you had cooler weather. It was almost 80 here yesterday, but 60 today....go figure.

Anonymous said...

There is just something about people from Houston. ;) How fun to reunite with old friends..there is nothing better! And yes, isn't Jenn just the best?! She is an amazing person!

Katherine said...

What a fun day! I love getting together with friends like this. Isn't that what summer is all about? Having BBQ's with friends where the kids all play together well and the adults all get to relax and visit in the shade.