Friday, June 20, 2008

We Start Em Young...

Today since Bill had the day off we decided to take the kids miniature golfing. As we were walking in, I saw a bunch of kids walking out from golf lessons with these cute little golf bags and tiny little clubs. So adorable!

That got me thinking....Hey, this is a very smart thing we are doing here. You see, if we get our daughters golfing now, maybe when they are older, they can go golfing and attract the guys with money! Hehehe. So if we make a small investment now and get them golfing, maybe they will meet guys on the golf course. Terrible, I know. But, seriously, we all know that golf isn't a cheap hobby, so put two and two together and viola! Our kids have secure futures!

Or not...If we are judging by the way today went, I think only one of our kids has a shot at the future in golf...


Hayden was funny. He kept grabbing his ball, walking toward the hole and saying, "Watch this!" Then he would drop his ball in the hole and say, "I did it!" Silly kid. Whatever. He is two. He just had fun trying something new.... After a while, he did try to hit it with the club a little bit...until he decided he was bored and wanted to explore.


"Hey, Buddy, the putting course is this way..."

Kate just sat and enjoyed being her sweet, cute, chubby self! What a good baby! She is absorbing all she can by watching the rest of us. She will be a pro someday. She is learning quickly what NOT to do!


Bill tried to teach Lana how to hold her club, how to stand, and how to swing. But, nope, she wasn't having any of that. She will attract men someday on the golf course because they will be wondering what the heck she is doing. If she can learn to dodge moving obstacles (like her brother) and still sink a putt, she will make us millions. Nice try, Bill.


She kept turning her club on its side and pushing the ball like she was vacuuming. She is my kid who "thinks outside the box." Even though it wasn't the right way to golf, it was dang cute!


Lana pushed her ball all the way around the curve and into the hole - just like Bill told her to. And the other two had to be there to hover over her every move.



Rylee did pretty well. She is the only one who actually tried to get the stance, the swing, and the follow-through down (follow through means guiding the ball with the club into the hole.) She even got a hole-in-one! She was supposed to hit the ball through a wishing well into the hole in the other side. But, nope, my little "Tiger" decided to hit the ball AROUND the well and sink her putt instead. She doesn't want to take the easy way out! It was great! After she made the putt, I said, "Rylee, you got a hole-in-one!" She said, "Is that good?" Funny girl! We even called grandpa on the way home to tell him. He was proud! I'm thinking we need to buy her some clubs and let grandpa teach her!

Then we came to one of the last holes. Funny little story here: As we approached, I asked Rylee what it looked like to her. Here is the hole (with Rylee trying for about the tenth time to get her dang ball in the hole) we were at:

After I asked Rylee what it looked like (I was going for an ant hill), Bill replied, "It looks like Kate's boobs with the indented..." Well, you get the idea. Seriously, I about peed my pants right there.

And after her many tries, Rylee finally got the ball in the hole! And she was so excited! I love her little excited dance!

We had a lot of fun and maybe our girls will benefit from our little excursion someday...if we keep at it!:) And, hey, we can keep going back since we didn't get kicked off the course today!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

You guys look like you were having tons of fun out there. we are actually getting little h golf stuff for his B-day in August, because people who play golf are rich right, so maybe if we teach him now, he can support us one day. just trying to plan for our retirement ya know!

Tai said...

That looks like you and your kids had so much fun!!! Don't you love getting out of the house so your kids can't be making a mess of it all the time? I think it is so hard but man once I am out I love coming home to a clean house and worn out kids. I love the Kate comment, your husband has such a great sense of humor. I am sure your girls will have no problem finding any guy, rich, poor, handsome, you name it, they are beautiful and sweet!!! Way to go Rylee on your hole in one. I think grandpa should start paying you money for those!!!

Shannon said...

How Fun! I loved going miniature golfing when I was little. Your kids are darling. I am glad you got out and had a good time with your family.

Angie said...

I haven't been miniature golfing forever. It looks like fun! Keep up the training and you could have a little Tigress... Your dad would be so proud!

Larsens said...

Looks like you had such a fun day with the kids.

Andrea said...

Hey! That is a nice course!

My husband is starting the kids out young with the golf habit. They can't use his clubs though since he is a "lefty" though :)