Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Little Bruiser

A few minutes ago I heard Kate screaming, so I ran over and this is what I found:


I know, not the best picture, but I had to take it quick so I could hug her. But she had claw marks from her fabulous big brother on her neck. And not that I think she deserved it, but maybe she provoked it. You see...


Lately, this little darling dolly has been picking on her brother. He hasn't felt well for the last week or so and has liked to just hang out with his pillow and favorite blanket on the floor in the family room. Kate also loves his favorite blanket, so she goes after it. She sneaks up on him, grabs a corner of the blanket, and starts rolling. She wraps herself up in it and Hayden doesn't have time to react and by the time he realizes what happened he can't pull her out of his blankie either because she is wrapped so tight in it. And it doesn't end there...


She will go up to him and grab his binkie right out of his mouth and haul off crawling with a big grin on her face as fast as she can. When he catches up to her she just tucks her hand under her tummy and plays keep-away with his binkie. Man, it frustrates the crap out of Hayden! And me, being the bad mom that I am, just laugh at the whole thing.


My daughter is quite the little bruiser. She will rip your face off when you hold her and loves to wrestle. And we were worried about Hayden not having a brother. I think she is as rough as any brother would be!:)

So, in the end, Kate stopped crying, thanks to a big hug from her Big sister!



Hayden wasn't about to hug her because I think he was just getting back at her for all the times she has tortured him. I know, I am trying to teach my kids better than that, but sometimes you just gotta laugh at the whole thing, right?

8 comments:

Sonja said...

What a story! Kids are such amazing little creatures and we put so much time into civilizing them :)

I can hardly believe you've had 4 kids, you look great!

Andrea said...

Sibling rivalry...gotta love it. Isn't it funny that some days their behavior is funny, and other days (when you've had it to HERE), it is just annoying beyond belief!?!

It's funny that you had your camera handy!

Katherine said...

Okay, that is too funny. I can't believe that sweet little innocent baby can be such a tease. I'm so glad you were able to capture these moments.

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I think we might be raising the same kids. That's totally something Pretty would do, and then be crushed that Snort got her back. She TORTURES the Beast all the time, too.

I'm SO THRILLED that you joined the MOFia. We think SO MUCH alike!

Shannon said...

Hilarious! Is Hayden okay? Why is he sick? I hope all is well for the rest of you.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love a girl that can fend for herself. :)

Jenn said...

I can't believe that dear sweet Kate would do this.............and poor HAYDEN!! Maybe that is why he was so tired on Sunday. Poor guy.

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU for posting that amazing RECIPE and thankyou for all the sweet things you said about my family. I sure do love ya!

Angie said...

This will teach kids how to survive in the real world! Go Katie! And lucky Hayden, he gets a little brother/sister!