Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Nothing Day

Do you ever have a day where you just really don't care if you get anything worthwhile accomplished or not? Well, today would be one of those days for me. It is two o'clock in the afternoon and I have done zilch (is that how you spell it?)today. I will say it is because I worked my tail off cleaning yesterday and organizing the pantry and storage room downstairs. Ugh. Yucky jobs! But they are done. So here is my list of tasks I have "accomplished" today and you can see for yourself how lazy I am today.

* Um, I got out of bed.
* Uh, let's see, I changed three poopie diapers.
* I fed four kids breakfast and four kids lunch.
* I read a chapter in the third Twilight series. (I only have about 350 pages left, and if my kids didn't need to eat or be entertained I could finish it really quick! I WILL read more today!)
* I cleaned chocolate off Kate's face after Hayden so nicely fed her a KitKat. Thanks, dude.
* I ate a whole cup of those mini Chips Ahoy cookies. Yep, I'm a cow.
* I checked in with the MOFia for a few minutes.
* I folded a batch of laundry.
* I turned on Sesame Street so Hayden would go to sleep.
* I have held Kate while she whines because she doesn't feel well.
* I nursed Kate twice.
* I drank a Pepsi.
* I broke up two fights.
* I yelled at Hayden for throwing his cars and "buddies" all over the railing down the stairs for the thousandth time today.
* I checked other blogs.

Okay, enough of my "nothing" list. I guess I will go and do my girls' hair right now so that it looks like I have tried today. I haven't showered and I have no plans to do so. So sue me! All I want to do today is the minimum effort required (yep, I am a neglectful mother too - just add that to the list right behind "cow":)) And after I get my kids' hair done and send them off to their little dance thing, I am going to dump toys out all over the floor for the two little ones while I read Twilight. Oh, happy day of nothingness. Sometimes we need one of those days, don't ya think?

7 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

I am SO envious. I think I will have a do nothing day tomorrow. You are my inspiration!

Andrea said...

It sounds like you have done plenty of things today! Good for you!

I may check out the "Twilight" books. I usually am not into the vampire themes, but you (and others) have given them good reviews! Any good historical fiction ideas? I am finishing "The Constant Princess"-I need a good airplane/grandparentshopefully watchinggrandkidssoIcanread book :).

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I'm impressed that you changed those diapers. I'd have saved them hoping that dh would be home soon.

Candice said...

I hope you found time to finish Twilight! SOOO good.

Larsens said...

Yes you do need one of those days. After Twilight, you have two more same size books to go, and then of course, there is that little fact that the fourth one comes out on August 2nd. Keep reading...

Shannon said...

Out of all the people I know, you are one who deserves a day of nothing (BTW Laundry is a huge accomplishment even if it is only one load!) You are so amazing and very rarely do you think of yourself. Enjoy many other days of nothing...on me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you did quite a bit. I don't think that moms (especially a mom of 4) ever have a day where they do "nothing." :)