Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Poor Sap Has Been Officially Stuck For 9 Years!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BILL!!!



Aw, don't we look so cute!!!??? Wow, we look young! Now I really feel old!


Yep, that is right, Bill has been stuck with me for nine years (officially.) But if you count the almost year and a half that we dated that makes for over ten years! Holy cow! And he hasn't dumped me yet!:)


Just a little walk down memory lane. We were married in the Logan temple nine years ago and it was the BEST day! We went to the temple fasting because we were extra "spiritual" - or dumb! By the time we were finished with the pictures and wedding video outside after the ceremony, we were dying. We hadn't had anything to eat or drink. AHHHH! So as soon as we could leave the temple, we stopped by the grocery store in Logan and bought a bag of chips and bottles of water on the way to our wedding lunch. That is funny to tell people who are just milling around in the store that you just got married. Kind of surreal.


On with the story...We had a fun wedding lunch with all of our close friends and family. We had a lot of laughs and Bill and I were able to stay until the last few people were leaving the lunch. We really did eat up all the one-on-one time we had with family and friends there.



From there we ran to my parents' house for the reception. We quickly changed and got ready for pictures. The reception was fun, and we had so many people we love surrounding us. What a great day!



The Girls!

The Handsome Guys!

The Cake!

After the reception was over we stayed at my parents' house until 10:30 or 11:00 and just visited with the family that had come in from out of town to be with us. It was so nice. My mom had made pasta salads and other yummy food just for that reason (to feed people who had travelled and were hungry.) She is always such a good hostess. We loved spending that time with those relatives and our immediate families.


All in all, it was such a great day! We both had a little bit of a hard time because of the fasting thing. Like when we did the cake, we both felt gross and didn't really want any because it was taking us a while to recover from the fasting. We finally had more of an appetite after our reception, so the food my mom made tasted SOOOO good.

Anyway, happy anniversary Honey! I am so lucky that you chose me, and to all the people who said we were too young and that we would never make it -Na, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na! We showed you! Here's to many, many more years! I love you, Honey!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! 9 YEARS! WOW!! You two are amazing and what a wonderful couple you are. you have beautiful children and I'm sure you will be together forever more. We miss you and YES we would love to come for a BBQ. We so miss the families from around there and would love to see them again. Give me a call.

Amy said...

Love the pictures! You were (and still are) so beautiful.

Congrats on 9 years. Time flies when we are having fun.

Jenn said...

I LOVE IT!!! Ya'll look ADORABLE! And I love your hair! I can't believe we've been married the same amount of years! And that your anniversary is on Ryan's birthday! Ya'll have good taste.

The Logan temple looks GORGEOUS. Thankyou so much for sharing these very special pictures. Happy Anniversary Bilary!

Katherine said...

Happy Anniversary!!
The Logan Temple is awesome! That is where we were married too. Only it was in December and FREEZING!. Summer weddings are much better.
Beautiful pictures too. I've got to figure a way to get mine on the computer so I can do a post for our anniversary too.

Anonymous said...

Oh Congratulations Hil and Bill! You two are the greatest! I always feel so welcome in your home, and thanks for all the love you send my way! You guys are the greatest! I love your kids too, they're so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 9 years and Happy Anniversary! How cute are y'all?! You haven't aged a bit... seriously! Although I know children make you feel like you have. :) Love all the pictures! You were a beautiful bride!

Larsens said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! I realized reading the blog that I haven't even seen your wedding pictures. As we all know, we have a hard time making the Jennings wedding functions. We are always somewhere traveling when there's a wedding in your family. How funny. But thanks for including the pictures. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Tai's wedding pics either.

Andrea said...

I love seeing those photos! You are a beautiful couple! It sounds like you had a super busy wedding day going here...going there...wow!

Thanks for sharing those. It's neat to get a glimpse of special mooments of others' lives :)

Congrats!!