Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Before The Summer Was Over...

WE HAD TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!

(Cuz I can't have my kids going back to school telling everyone that their mom is a dud and we didn't do anything fun over the summer!)

So last Friday, Bill took the day off and we told the girls we had a surprise for them. I told them all week that we had something fun planned for Friday, and I wouldn't tell them anything. It drove poor Rylee nuts!

So Friday, we packed up the kids and headed out. (They thought we were going on a picnic because I packed lunches in a cooler. If they are that easy to please, maybe we should have gone with the picnic instead of our original plan. Hehehe) We met my sister and her husband and kids at their house and headed out on our "unknown" destination.

As we were driving, Rylee kept saying, "We are going on a picnic, huh." She had kind of lost a little enthusiasm, I think. But she was excited to know that her cousins and aunt and uncle were coming along. I kept asking her if she was reading any of the signs because they would give her a hint. She just said, "We're going to Salt Lake?" Um, nope, sweetie. Keep reading. So as we get off the freeway and head east, she looks up and says, "WE'RE GOING TO LAGOON!!!??" When I told her we were, she got all excited and Lana started doing her excited giggle. It was so cute to watch their reaction.

So as we got in the gate we decided to take some pics.


They looked utterly thrilled, I know, and they were. Hayden had fallen asleep in the car and was not happy with me at this point. Right now, I am thinking, "I wonder if they will give me a refund to get these two stinkers out of here and go home. What in the world am I doing here?"

So I just took more pictures! I know, I deserve an award for how attentive I am to my whiny children. So here is Bill with the two non-whiners!

I have to laugh at this picture. We thought it would be fun to get my sister and I in a picture with all of our kids, but when I looked at it I was dying. We look like a freak show! Two of us with about four thousand ity bitty kids.

This was the ride that finally got Hayden smiling. He LOVES this ride.

And so did Lana. I had to put this picture up because she giggles uncontrollably every time she sees it, so I had to put it on here so that I get to hear her giggle ever time she looks at this post.

We even got Kate on a ride. She was so tired. No nap for her yet, and she didn't know what to think. She did all right until the ride really started going. Then she freaked out a little. It was almost the end of her day at Lagoon. And poor McKenzie had a bloody nose and was still such a trooper to just hold her tissue on her nose and keep truckin' with the rest of the kids.

And here are the other three girls on the space ship just behind McKenzie, Rylee, Kate, and Hayden. Kailie, Lana, and poor Brielle hiding in the back were so cute together!

As I mentioned before, Kate hit a wall halfway through the day and needed a serious nap (and she had a sore bum - I wouldn't be happy either!) So I had to leave with her and bring her home for a nap. So Bill stayed for another couple of hours with the other three. Mike and Tai dropped them off at the train station so that I could pick them up and get them home for dinner. They were bushed. But they always love a train ride! So they came home to eat, and then began round two of Lagoon...

Bill and my brother-in-law, Mike, went back to Lagoon with the six oldest kids to close the place down. The kids had a blast! Here is Kailie, Rylee, McKenzie, and Lana having more fun.

And Hayden and Brielle having a good time. I love the two dads holding their heads in place for the picture. It worked though! This picture is darling! Hayden is still talking about "Brie, Brie," all the time. He loved hanging with her all day!

Hayden started thinking it was fun to hold his hands up on the rides. Whoever made this ride is my kid's hero. He loves it!

Lana and Hayden on one of the last rides for the night.

The kids had a blast. They played so hard and I can't believe that they made it until almost 11:00 in the evening. What troopers they are and what bigger troopers Bill and Mike were to take them all.

Thanks for hanging out with my family Tai, Mike, Kailie, McKenzie, Brielle, and Isaak! The kids had a ball. After the successful "trial run" with the kids to Lagoon, I can definitely say that we will be getting season passes next year!

10 comments:

Larsens said...

I seriously thought you had season tickets already because you live so close, and it is such a fun place for the kids.
That looked like a fun, fun day for all.

Picture Perfect said...

You are such a "good" mom! I can honestly say I was a "dud" mom this summer! Try again next year!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!

Katherine said...

We had season passes last year and loved it! Lagoon is something we have missed this summer. Harrisen can't figure out why we don't just go, because "we didn't have to pay last year so the'll let us in I think". He didn't ever see any paying so he thought it was free.

And Gurney, I would have been a "dud mom" too if I were in your shoes.

Company EIGHT said...

What a fun mama you are! Looks like you had a really great day!

Tai said...

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your fun day at Lagoon. My kids always have so much fun with your kids. We need to take them places together more often... anytime you want to venture out I am totally game even if we do look like freak shows, hey that is part of the fun right? I get real good at ignoring the fits and ignoring people looking at me like huh?? Anyway we love hanging out with you guys and my kids are begging to hang out again so lets do it soon!!

Jenn said...

OOH! Hil I want to go when we come up next! This looks like so much fun! And how EXCITING that you let it be a SURPRISE!! That made it even BETTER. And Kate looks so cute in the stroller I just want to hug that sweet girl. Do you just hug her like all day. And you did not look like a FREAK SHOW. You looked like two HOT MAMAS with a bunch of lucky kids!

Oh and by the way....saw the NEW RECIPE.....oh yeah.....

Candace said...

Yeah! How fun! What's a summer without Lagoon? I mean after all it's what fun is! RIGHT!?

Angie said...

I've always thought you were a fun mom!!! An adventure out of the house with four kids sounds scary to me!! But it looked like you guys handled it well and your kids had a blast! I miss Lagoon!

Blackeyedsue said...

Hey! I know those kids!