Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Soccer Started...AGAIN!

Saturday was the first games of the new soccer season. And holy cow, was it hot!


Um, it was REALLY bright too! Lana just couldn't look at me. I love her face in this shot. Did you know that it helps to block the sun from your eyes if you open your mouth real wide?

So we moved to the front door. By the way, NO SOLICITING. Hehehe.

Lana running and so excited at her soccer game. She was so excited to play.


GOOOAAAAAALLLL! Okay, I know she's little and this is just practice, but I'm a proud mommy! A goal is a goal, right?


They aren't so excited now. The sun really took it all out of them, and they didn't want a picture. But I wanted a picture of them with their little red faces.



Next week, I can take action shots of Rylee during her soccer game. I just couldn't take any this time because Bill and I had to divide and conquer. Their games were at the same time, and since we just had one camera, we could only get pictures of one game. Darn it.


The girls love soccer and I do too. I love that it gets them running and playing a team sport. It's so good for them and I can't believe we have two playing! Life will really get crazy when it's more than two. AAAHHHH!


So here's to another soccer season!

11 comments:

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

yeay for soccer. I played until I was 14. My mom would tease me, because I had asthma and was shorter than even the Korean girls playing. Soccer is good for the soul. Let's cross stitch that! :)

Cami said...

That is so fun. I have never seen such "pretty" soccer players. Their hair is always so darling!

Katherine said...

I remember when Alex and Kirsti were both in soccer. we only did that one year, then the kids were done. Alex wants to start up again. maybe next year.

Oh and about the ice crea thing. . . you don't have to twist my arm. name the time and I'll be there!

Anonymous said...

yay for soccer. Their uniforms are so cute. Our soccer season starts Sept. 20th. We have three kids playing so three different teams/practices. It should be fun juggling all that.

Tai said...

They look so cute in their little uniforms!! Go Rylee and Lana!!!

Candace said...

How fun! I didn't know that your girls played soccer. Good for them! My nephew that is the same age as Lana will start this week also. I can't wait to go and watch his games! They are just all so cute runnin around out there!

Angie said...

Do you have the bumper sticker on your car yet that says "Soccor Mom"? I love their little uniforms! And I agree that team sports are great! I can't wait to watch all those little ones as they learn how to play! So cute!

Larsens said...

You will fondly remember and even welcome the hot weather, when you are sitting in the sidelines in the spring when it is snowing still or it is freezing cold.

That's just happened to me many times this past spring, and some of those times Rod, the coach, was in Mexico in 90 degree weather and called me at the game. I complained like crazy that every time he leaves, it is freezing cold at the game. When he mentioned how hot it was in Mexico, I told him to imagine my middle finger..

We are kind of sad because Rod quit coaching in the spring and Alex stopped playing, so now we don't know what to do with ourselves on Saturdays. Weed, maybe.

Company EIGHT said...

How fun! I love soccer, and I especially love watching those younger ages play. I coached Ryan's team when he was 4, and it was a hoot!

Picture Perfect said...

Everyone's said it already, but I too have to say that they look so cute!

Blackeyedsue said...

You are such a better mom than I am. I was too busy trying to find out where the heck the other team was! I was so nervous I didn't even BRING my camera!

I get an F in soccer!