Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Misunderstood...

Lately, Lana has been keeping us all entertained with things that she hears or sees, but doesn't understand. For instance:

Today I was listening to my iPod with the kids. The oldest girls think it is fun to listen to my music and dance with me. (Kate was even getting into it today. She would put the earpiece by the side of her head - and then she would eat it. She was trying to listen to the music through her mouth I guess.) Anyway, back to the story. So Lana handed Rylee an earpiece to listen to and explained to her that they could each have one because there is an "L" on one earpiece for Lana and an "R" on the other earpiece for Rylee. Perfect! I didn't tell her what they really stood for. I like her explanation better.

Another misunderstanding: On Sunday after church the girls were singing primary songs. They have apparently inherited my love for making up new lyrics to primary songs. They were singing their own version of "Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime?" They were singing, "Do you spin in a circle..to make yourself purple?" So we were already giggling over those lyrics when that got Lana thinking about other primary songs. She started singing "Called To Serve." Are you ready for this one? This is good. Mid-chorus, Lana just stops singing and says, "Mom, did you know they say 'Fartin' wide' in that song?" I was dying! Leave it to one of MY kids to think about farts in a song. (In case you aren't familiar with the song, the lyrics really say 'Far and Wide, we tell the Father's story...')

Gotta love four year olds and the way their little minds work.

15 comments:

April said...

Dang! I hadn't stopped by your blog until tonight! I love it! Your family looks like so much fun. Greta used to get mad at me for making up silly songs. Little goof.

Of course you can add my blog, but only if I can add yours to mine. ;)

Tai said...

That is hilarious. She comes up with some pretty funny one liners. Love the L and R thing. Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

ROFL- fartin' wide!! My kids have figured out what fart means now and we have way too much giggling over bodily functions in this house now.

Deborah said...

the girls said you aren't feeling well. Anything that I can do for ya?

Larsens said...

That song story is way too funny.

Cami said...

Man, aren't kids funny?!?!? They sure do keep our lives fun!

Cami said...

I'm tagging you so you have another one to do. Look at my blog for the directions.

Jenn said...

Okay so NOW...how will I ever sing the words correctly....with Lana's whole new version stuck in my head.........Oh these kids...too cute...

Company EIGHT said...

LOL!! Now I'm going to be thinking those same lyrics! What a cutie!

Katherine said...

LOL! Your kids are DANG funny! I love it!

Sara Jennings said...

Hahaha! Wow! Can I just say I miss your little kiddies! That is so funny! How do they come up with some of this stuff? Gotta love it!
I miss you guys!!

Blackeyedsue said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Candice said...

That is super funny! Now every time I hear that song now I'll be singing the Lana version! Ha ha!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, serioulsy... I'm so glad I have your blog to look at whenever I need a good laugh! :) I am still laughing! :) I actually like her version of the song better! :) ADORABLE!

Blackeyedsue said...

Coming back to this...I really think you should post and "overheard" post. You know...about the "divorce"