Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Train Ride!

When the new commuter train opened up this week, we were so excited! Now Bill can save so much time and money on his commute! WAHOO! And even better - I don't have to worry about him getting in an accident on the freeway.

So Bill started taking the train to and from work this week and since it is free through today we wanted to let the kids take a ride as well. Last night we met him at the train station after work, and I handed over the three older kids while I ran some errands with Kate and let them go nuts on the train. They loved it...

Check out the pictures. My kids have looks like they are scared stiff on their faces, but they know they should be excited so they are trying to hide it. I love it! But by the time I picked them up at the station after their ride, they were really excited about it and said they had so much fun.

Hayden keeps talking about riding on "Pomas" (the way he says Thomas). Yes, we have him convinced that he took a magical ride on Thomas the train. And Lana saw a red car in a parking lot at one of the stops and told Hayden it was Lightning McQueen. He thought the whole ride was fantastic. He doesn't stop looking out the window for "Pomas and McQueen." Cute boy.

Funny side note: Bill told me that a man sitting across from them took the picture of all of them. When he told me that Rylee said, "Yeah, and mom I feel really bad for that nice man." I said, "Why do you feel bad," thinking that my husband let a homeless man take their picture or something. Nope, Rylee said, "He did something SOOO nice for us because he took our picture and we didn't do anything nice for him." What a sweetheart. I hope that kind of attitude continues through her life.

Anyways, fun train ride for all. Pretty sad that it gets my kids so excited. I must be a pretty boring mom. We really don't do a lot of fun things, but I can always go for a free train ride!

7 comments:

hiphipporay said...

I completely thought my computer was on the blitz! I can see NO Text on your blog but a few little bits. I think it is because you have a pale yellow text? It may just be my school computer - but thought you'd want to know. Unless of course you like writing in invisible ink!

I got the gist of your posts. I have to laugh at the looks on your kids faces on the frontrunner. They all look a tiny bit tenuous about the whole thing. Like it is about to send them off into outer space.

Also - you went to Pace's I can see! Did you see my Alyssa? Did she help you and attend to your needs with excellent service? Tell her who you are next time so she can double dip your ice cream in the chocolate! Unless of course you don't know which one she is. Maybe you should just introduce yourself to each one each time you visit - just in case! LOL.

Is it Summer yet?

Larsens said...

Fun day in the train. I grew up with taking trains everywhere in Finland. It is so relaxing. Supply Bill with lots of books. When I commuted to SLC 10 years ago on the bus, I read more books than ever in my life. It is a fun way to travel or go to work.

hiphipporay said...

Note to self... check Hil's blog at home not school. So cute - background, margins and text I can read!!

Laurie said...

I would love Jeremy to ride on a train to school. We don't even have a bus route by our home. That is so fun that your kids got a chance to ride. I know my kids would love to take a ride.

Angie said...

Keep him believing it was Thomas! That could save you a ton of money! Fun ride!

Tai said...

That is hilarious they were so nervous. It looks like their train ride was much less crowded than the one we went on!! Standing room only for a little bit, but hey, the little things that you do to entertain kids right? I love that Hayden thought he was on Thomas!! By the way he is coming for real this month, fun daddy son date!!!

Andrea said...

Trains are great-just think of the things DH can do instead of driving....read, sleep, call you....

We have a train in our town, but it only goes one way, and the fare to the "end" town is expensive :(.

It looks like the kids had a great time :)