Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crap, I Am 30 Today!!!

Well, this dreaded day is here. Dang it, now I am no longer in my youthful twenties. :( In honor of this lovely day I wrote new words to the "brithday song" so as you read this be thinking of the tune of Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to me,
I just turned thirty!
My bum is all jiggly
And I’ll soon have a beard.

Happy Birthday to me,
I have fat on my knees.
Guess that’s what I got comin’
Eating chocolate all day.

Happy Birthday to me,
Old is so hard to be.
Guess it’s time to start lyin’
When I’m asked for my age.

Happy Birthday to me,
Know what really does stink?
When your husband is younger
And he looks like it too.

Happy Birthday to me,
Think it’s time for a drink.
Not of liquor, you sillies
Pepsi works great for me!

Happy Birthday to me,
I wish I were still three.
Then I could throw my tantrum
And not feel like a jerk.

Happy birthday to me.
Need a big shopping spree
With all of my friends who
Are all older than me!!!

Happy Birthday to me.
Happy I’ll try to be
I’ll just smile through this birthday
And forget my old age!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! 30 really isn't that bad. I love the new words to the song.

Larsens said...

Happy Birthday, Hil. I was hoping you would post something so I could wish you happy 30th. I put a card in the mail yesterday but probably won't get to you until tomorrow.
Really, it is not so bad, not even at 44 because you still feel like you are only 20 (just don't look in the mirror).
Hope you will have a great day.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Hilary! It doesn't really feel that bad. I just don't think about it much. My kids are the one's that make me feel old, not the number.

Casey & Ashley King said...

Happy Birthday Hilary! Love your new song! You look AMAZING for 30, no worries! Hope you have a good day! Lots of loves!

Jenn said...

You are so FUNNY! You need to write for Hallmark!!!

You go girl!! Just start going backwards now! You can be 29 next year!!!

LOve ya!!

Katherine said...

Happy birthday! you don't look a day over 21.

30 was hard for me 31 is much better so you can skip it if you'll feel better.

I posted a shout out on my blog to you before I checked yours, I hope you don't mind. (I left out your age on mine)

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Angie said...

30 is fantastic!! You'll love it! I loved it so much I'm still there!!! Happy Birthday!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that your day is full of fun!

Thirty is really a nice age. Just be glad that forty is not looking you in the face ;)

Did you stay up nights thinking of the new words to the song?

P.S. Check your e-mail!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! That was a great post!! At least you can find humor in you old age. ;) You are only as old as you feel right?! :) HAPPY B-Day!

Amy said...

Happy (late) Birthday! I love the song, you are so creative!

You are such a wonderful person. I am lucky to call you my friend.