Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm So Proud...

Hayden has learned how to do those 24 piece puzzles in the past couple of weeks. Now we can't keep him away from them.


He has watched his sisters do the bigger puzzles, so he thinks he has to do his puzzles on cookie sheets like they do. I am fine with him using the old cookie sheet that I was going to throw away, but now he uses EVERY cookie sheet in my house! This may not be such a bad thing...If all my cookie sheets are occupied by puzzles, then I don't bake as many cookies. It does stink to be washing cookie sheets all day every day just in case I get the urge to bake some cookies!:) It is funny though because he even thinks he needs a cookie sheet when he is doing the puzzles on the kitchen table. Silly boy.


As you can see in the pictures, we REALLY have a hard time getting him to take a break from puzzles. This morning, I got his diaper changed and was trying to get him dressed when he took off running for the kitchen to continue "playing puzzles." So I got out the camera!

If you prefer not to watch the video, that is fine. I was going to video him putting the whole puzzle together, but it takes him about five minutes or so, so I just taped some of it. But he is so cute, and I love to watch him look for the right piece.



And he's almost done...

Just a couple more pieces...

And TA DA!!! He's done! And he is so proud of himself after he finishes a puzzle. He usually says, "I did it! Good job!"

Oh, and excuse the scratching. Boys will be boys. They gotta itch what scratches, er scratch what itches...you know what I mean. Hand washing followed. :) What a cutie. I am such a proud mom (because of the puzzle abilities, not the scratching - just in case you needed clarification!)

11 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

YOU. CRACK. ME. UP.

Way to go Hayden!

Cami said...

That it hilarious. Lexi has that exact same puzzle and she used to love to put it together on a cookie sheet! Kids are funny.

Amy said...

What a cute, smart little boy!

Jenn said...

Of course he is gifted.....

You still haven't told me what MOF is??

Tai said...

Way to go Hayden. You are inspiring Brielle but she does not have the patience to sit there and put them together but she really wants to be like her little bddy Hayden!!

Chris, Deb and the Ava Jayne said...

I've seen him in action--it is pretty awesome. with puzzles i mean...not the scratchin ;)

Candace said...

Good job Hayden! What a little man! He is so smart!

Larsens said...

Good job Hayden. I hope he developes a love for puzzles. I love to put puzzles together. Always have.

Ashley said...

Wow!! That is so freakin awesome that he can do that! I am going to go get a puzzle for parks! That looks so fun! Hayden is a very smart cookie. How old is he again? We will be home in about a month!! We are so excited. We will all have to get together!! Love ya!

Katherine said...

WOW!!! Does Hayden want to come over and teach Harrisen a thing or two? I've tried and he just dosen't get why people find a puzzel so entertaining. He must get that from Mike. I grew up with puzzles and love doing them with my kids too.

Andrea said...

Oh ! I am so behind! This reminds me that we need to get puzzles out again-maybe that would stop some destructive behavior...hmmm...

Way to go Hayden! I am amazed that he can do them so fast-and stay with the task...:0)

BTW-cookie sheets are a good idea...why didn't anyone suggest that before??